Installing LED Headlight Strips

cristovao

Hey everyone,

New member here and a total noob when it comes to vehicle mods. Forgive me if this info is elsewhere in this forum (I tried searching but didn't find the info to what I specifically want to do).

We have an '04 Civic sedan and I'd like to install these weatherproof LED strips that are so readily available now. My questions are primarily with wiring them...

First, is there any way that they could be wired to be always on, regardless of what mode I've selected in vehicle (DRL, parking lights or headlamps)?

Second, is wiring these types of LEDs as simple as combining them to the positive and negative of the corresponding bulb connector? Example, if I wanted to wire them to the DRL? I've seen some DIY videos that show people exposing the copper of the +/- wires just before the plug, coiling the wired around the copper and then using electrical tape to wrap the cut closed.

I feel like that may be asking for trouble. Thoughts?

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You dont drive an Audi, no reason to install such a thing.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree these lights look cheesy even on Audi's. i would replace the corner lights with those switchback LED bulbs that stay white until you turn then they blink amber. or get some clear fog lights and use LED bulbs.or do both.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
people should get the long thick cobb led strips, IMO i think it is pretty decent looking opposed to them multiple mini leds in a strip.