intake recommendations

willystheory

so I'm running a new 2.5 "high flow" exhaust on my 97 ex. I just wanted an intake/throttle combination recommendation. Not sure on optimal size to use.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Daily driver?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
god, this has been covered at least a million times, please use the search feature on this site man, dont make me blow my brains out

willystheory

Yeah I haven't found one that says "xx" mm its most efficient with a 2.5 in exhaust system. I'm looking at science/math recommendations, not brand choices. Now if I missed that post then I sincerely apologize and ask you hyperlink it for me please.

cuetip

Registered VIP
have to agree with hecz they r the best for 200 bucks on passwordjdm.com

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The size of the intake really doesn't make a huge difference on performance. Especially on a DD single cam. Plus all the intakes you'll look at will be within the same size.
Where the difference is made is going to be the TB. And your factory TB will work just fine unless you're trying to boost.

As far as what kind of intake, either just buy an eBay intake arm, toss the filter that comes with it and get a nice filter. Your air flow isn't going to care what brand of arm you use.
However there is the CF option. That just depends if you want to spend that money though.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You dont have to "match" your exhaust with your intake.

Get any intake you find, slap it on and enjoy the silly noises it makes.