Just bought a 4th gen!!!! 1990 DX Hatchback 1 OWNER!!!

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know that....
:nopics:
and I PROMISE I will post some tommorow, but I just closed the deal on a 1990 Honda Civic DX Hatchback 1 OWNER!!!!!! Old lady driven 160,000 miles near perfect stock paint sky blue!!!. This car was sold to me for a little higher than I was willing to originally pay, but the old lady was so sweet and the car had so much sentimental value to her I gave her the $1400 she was asking for it. I did not have the heart to talk her down and I figured for the thought of knowing it was one owner and having all the records at hand it was a SWEET DEAL!!!

It has a manual tranny too!!!! 5-speed!!!!

I am a noob with swaps and tuning so please don't bash me too hard. I would like to put a few $$ into the car, maybe do a swap or turbo?!?!?!?:what:

What should I do first?

Any ideas for you tuners out there?

I definitely want to swap out the gauge cluster because mine doesn't have a tachometer for telling me the RPMs. That sucks big time!!!:???: I have an 1989 Honda Civic Sedan LX that I plan on selling now that has the tach gauge, but from what I hear an 89 or 88 won't fit a 90 or a 91 so I will hit up the Junkyard

I wonder if there is any easy and cost effective way to convert the doors/windows to power too. That kind of sucks, but if it would cost too much for the conversion, f**k it, my trannys a manual so are the windows and doors!:P:lol:

Any ideas? I guess I am willing to spend a few grand on stuff if it is really worth it.

I will post pics tommorow for show!:P

I would like to have it get maximum gas mileage and also get really fast and haul ass when I want it too. I don't know if there is such a thing though. If there isn't then honestly I probably would prefer the performance end just as long as it doesn't knock my gas mileage too much. I know it is mainly how I drive though.

Any recommended mods for an all stock car?:P Or should I just make it a Daily DriverD? What would you guys do?
Here is a pic I found on this forum (I think it is Green's car?) , but it looks just like it for the most part...

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well congrats on your pick up. Let us know about how much money your trying to spend and how much faster you wanna make it. That will really narrow down your choices. Someone will come on here and tell you to put a d16z6 in it, and then someone else will tell you to put a b18C5 in it. And thats a big difference in money and in power. Also if you want to stay all motor or if infact you do want to throw a turbo on.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i guess if i had to say what i wanted to spend it would be 3000 on total project. i am mainly looking for the most bang for the buck. i mean if a motor is only a few horse power better but is also a lot more money then i would rather have the less better. more bang for the buck would be the best aproach.

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
the best bang for the buck from my many years of owning honda's, and reading about everything concerning them...is the b16. Just swap a b16 in it, and drive the wheels off it. It will probably be the most reliable swap, its pretty cheap for a dohc, and has pretty decent power for stock as well.

NA96EK4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
swap in a Z6 + turbo setup...

$3K or less... 13's highly possible

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you paied to much for a 15+ year old car

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if i was him i would have bought it to bc i wouldnt want to make that old lady sad. thats just mean.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly it was worth it IMO. You guys were not there to say what was a good deal or not. I thought it was. Sometimes there is more to life than saving a few hundred bucks. It is a one owner that runs good and it has all the records. That is worth extra money IMO.

:word:

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t that aint bad, but i got my 92 vx eg for 1400 wit 156k on it and it runs like a beauty =)

91BluMaxHatch

5+ Year Member
Hey forget all the people who have the nerve to say you paid too much for a 15 yr old Civic. Is the motor Multi or Dual point injected? Either or, get a fresh block from a newer Civic( 98-2000 D16Y7) and bolt your old intake and exhaust manifolds on to it and ride. If you want to kick a little ass everynow and then, get a ZEX dry kit with a 50 shot pill...youre guaranteed to put down more than 140hp off 900psi at the wheels.