keyless entry on 5th gens?

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tried seeing if 5th gens came with a keyless entry. I couldnt find any decent info on this topic. Was wondering if any of you 5th gen owners out there could answer this for me. I currently own a 6th gen but i might be switching to a 5th gen and dont really like the idea of having to use the key to lock and unlock the doors. Sounds petty but after being used to a keyless entry for 4 years you kinda get used to it.
Thanks in advance

RonJ

Banned
To my knowledge, 5th gen Civics did not come with keyless entry.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To my knowledge, 5th gen Civics did not come with keyless entry.
Damn, i kinda was worried that was the case since nothing came back in my search results.
Thanks tho RonJ

Its a mystery as to why 6th gens were stolen more then 5th gens when 6th gens actually have a factory alarm.
Does anyone know if its difficult to wire in an alarm or immobilizer into a 5th gen?
Im probably buying this shell that has alot of upgrades on it that would attract thieves very easily and idk i just wanna have that added security knowing if i ever have to drive and park in a shitty area my car isnt gonna get jacked

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It'd be hard for someone with no knowledge on the subject. You can get an aftermarket keyless entry, via alarm system. It'd cost a bit more, but if you don't like unlocking your door manually, then look into it.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It'd be hard for someone with no knowledge on the subject. You can get an aftermarket keyless entry, via alarm system. It'd cost a bit more, but if you don't like unlocking your door manually, then look into it.
thanks for your help