my 94 dx build thread!!!!!

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
so i just bought it and these are the pics... ill post more as time goes on

current mods....
headers... shitty exhaust that ill probably rip off soon... found a nice surprise, clarion speakers all the way around.. feels like it has a short throw shifter... but i think it may have just been cut or modified in some way

future mods...
new front bumper
mugen front lip
carbon fiber trunk
rota slipstreams
skunk2 coilover kit
megan racing short shifter

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
feels like it has a short throw shifter... but i think it may have just been cut or modified in some way
.......cut......? a Short Throw Shifter has an extended bottom to change the fulcrum. if you shorten the rod you are making a shortER shifter......if anything I think you should check and make sure it isn't ebay. if it is I would get a skunk2 asap. they have a really nice feel when you shift. maybe its the feeling of spending 90 on a shifter, or just not having a ebay shifter....either way it feels nice

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
i think it might be a shortER shifter... cheap motherf**kers lol ill have to take it apart sometime tommorrow and look... also my shift knob wont screw off!!!! i tried tonight and it must be like super glued times ten!!!! so chances are the shifter was cut

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
so just for the hell of it... i found out how to make a flip flop trunk... pretty easy design.. so not jdm but i think i might try it just cause...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id get that short shifter......i have to do the same with a project hatch that i picked up.

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
well i would get it but i just ordered a new front bumper and those beautiful jdm fogs so no more spending for me!!! lol

civictegfan

Honda Fanatic
5+ Year Member
nice project

needs alot of work but with some love will be nice....stick with the jdm look...don't go all body kit and retarded looking. Good Luck!

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just checked and i can get a megan racing short shifter from a trusted site for like 30 any opinions/??
GET IT! I love MEGAN Racing. My axle back is goin to have one of their turbo mufflers on it. They make everything as though it was for their own car
so just for the hell of it... i found out how to make a flip flop trunk... pretty easy design.. so not jdm but i think i might try it just cause...
please.........dont.........do it.........I am sure that there are better things you can use your money for....just please dont do THAT to it.

93eg93

5+ Year Member
Very nice!!! U can do a lot of stuff to it. I'd go JDM look and stock look. If you do a swap make sure you paint the engine bay to give it a clean look.

Good luck bro.... Post pics of your updates.....

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
oh yeah i wanna stay pretty much all jdm... the new front bumper i got is just a stock replacement..plus i got those fogs coming in too... i think im gonna mount the fogs onto the bumper and then mount the bumper...it should be easiest way for me to get a nice clean look out of the whole thing..