New 2000 hx... exhaust?

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey people, I've been a member for a while, but i only recently got my civic (last week). It is a silver 2000 hx, and it is total stock, except for sound system. My first plan is to get a new exhaust. I want something like my friend's glass pack (on his chevy s10): really low, and not ear piercing. On the other hand, another one of my friends has a DC Sports exhaust kit (on his 94 Probe) and it sounds freakin awesome. I dont have a whole lot of money, and I am willing to spend maybe 250 for the muffler/installation. What do you recommend in my price range? I have searched before, and people around here like apexi a lot. However, I searched a site and found an apexi N1 exhaust to be 490 dollars uninstalled :shock: . Help me out yo! :cry:

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck finding a cat back for $250... if that's all u have to spend just get a axle back... i have a Top Speed/Pro-1 and i love it... check out the clip in my sig

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just the muffler u'll get for $250 installed...
check around ebay..u'll get a muffler for probably less than 200...
local speedshops will charge 220 for a apexi n1 muffler only..
all catback systems range from 4-600...
get just the muffler install is about 30-50...
when u have money later u can get str8 pipe or sumthin..
i had a n1 and that shyt got rusted and i just got a tanabe tuner medallion//.and the shyt is awesome..
i'll prolly have to put the silencer on soon though..waiting for my first summons so i could put it on..hehehhee

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know, I have like $1200, but i also want to buy new wheels/tires. so, I do have a little room to work with

btw, your exhaust sounds pretty good

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drummer_jb said:
I dont know, I have like $1200, but i also want to buy new wheels/tires. so, I do have a little room to work with
You have to decide what you want to do first, wheels/tires/susp or exhaust system. IMO. $1200 is not alot of money. If I was in your situation I would just get the exhaust system and save a lil more money for wheels/tires/susp.. You have to remember that when you add wheel/tires your going to want to low the car, to get rid of the ugly wheel gap. Since your car is a 2000 your stock shocks are not going to be able to handle the drop, so you need to upgrade those too. But after you lower your car you going to have to save some money to get your susp aligned, and depending how low you go, you might have to get a camber kit. See how it's all adding up? I hope I don't sound like I'm "preaching" I'm just trying to help you out. :oops: This is a expensive hobby.

Good luck on whatever route you decide to go.. =)

Last edited:

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceGirl said:
You have to decide what you want to do first, wheels/tires/susp or exhaust system. IMO. $1200 is not alot of money. If I was in your situation I would just get the exhaust system and save a lil more money for wheels/tires/susp.. You have to remember that when you add wheel/tires your going to want to low the car, to get rid of the ugly wheel gap. Since your car is a 2000 your stock shocks are not going to be able to handle the drop, so you need to upgrade those too. But after you lower your car you going to have to save some money to get your susp aligned, and depending how low you go, you might have to get a camber kit. See how it's all adding up? I hope I don't sound like I'm "preaching" I'm just trying to help you out. :oops: This is a expensive hobby.

Good luck on whatever route you decide to go.. =)
thanks for your input, but... any exhaust suggestions, like i wanted to know?

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drummer_jb said:
apexi N1 exhaust to be 490 dollars uninstalled :shock: . Help me out yo! :cry:

That price is normal.. All the good "name" brand exhaust systems cost about $500.

Last edited:

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know where I can listen to a 5zigen fireball catback system? I found one for a good price

foam

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would be interested in a 5Zigen clip too.. Anyone?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ebay muffler for like 30-40 bucks & the custom catback for like 150 at minekie

Kihun_Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had 5zigen.. s**t sound soooooooo f**king loud on low rpm
but on vtec..holy s**t its an enzo

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehhh...i go with tanabeeeeeeeee..
cause i'm lovin mine..and they look better than all the rest

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even from tanabe website u can get the tuner medallion for about 280..jus the muffler..and put it on..
the custom catback and shyt u dun need now...and believe me it'll be loud enuff jus on its own

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get one of those TSUDO ebay exhausts. They look just like the APEXi

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last edited:

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got the ractive fireball paid 65 for the muffler i loved it until i put my header on im getting the exhaust redone tommorrow yay. my muffler sounds like the fireball system and looks just like it. it is loud now id say go that route looks good and sounds good but not more than 200 after my header which i put on myself and the piping and the total install my exhaust will only be 150. but i am also getting 2.25" for free installed.

drummer_jb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the reply 98, nice to know there are a few other HX's out there! wo0t~ 8)

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey you wanna trade front ends lol :P jk man i love mine wouldnt trade it for anything. f**king tore it up yesterday thaough slid into a curd at 40 and f'd up the rear end o well getting it fixed......good luck finding the exhaust you want. what oart if missery you in?