Overheating

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
no. i didnt think it required it since it didnt seem to have any when i removed it
usually it isn't, but in the service manual it will usually state to add a slight layer of silicone sealant..not on or on top of the o ring but just outside...like if the ring were 1 size bigger. this is to prevent leaks such as that one.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
When the engine overheats, is the lower radiator hose hot, warm, or cool?

Describe how you bled the cooling system.

Have you pressure tested the cooling system?
Please answer these last two questions RonJ posted. He can usually track down issues fairly quickly since he has a bit more knowledge on these situations.

Also, describe the situation when you tried to floor it?

Did you get any engine codes? (ie check engine light)

mikelangleo984

i stepped on gas and it accelerated normally, temp gauge started moving up only a little. As i continued to drive it went up a little more, it doesnt move that much if i just cruise it but it wont go down until i park it and let it idle.
No check engine light

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
That is a nice write up. The way I go about bleeding the system is like what is presented in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU

Before doing the pressure test, try to see if you can do it this way. Then conduct the pressure test. Also, this can be a contributor but I am doubting this a lot at the moment, there could be a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak could cause your engine to run a lean and then therefore run a bit hotter (and can cause overheating in extreme conditions....like high acceleration/higher rpms)...and therefore could be the cause to your overheating issue. but it is highly improbable and there should be an engine code being thrown out in such a situation.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
And sad to say but...you could be looking at a head gasket failure (very early stages)

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Dad told me to just take it to the dealer. Hopefully they will tell me what it was tomorrow
...Hope you took it to a good dealer...Sometimes they will shake you down and cut corners, and sometimes they are honest and do the job right...its a 50/50

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Head gasket, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, and timing belt for 2100. Should I just go with it?
Not in a million years! told you they would scam you. I gave you the service manual. Doing all of those should be simple and easy as long as you follow it. At most, you will spend 500-800 to do those things. that's less than half of the charge. save yourself a lot of cash and do it yourself. Do you need help with getting the manual?