performance chip

Shavarrian

Proudly Honda
i purchase a hp performance chip the one that you attached to the intake air temp sensor, i want to know if any one tried it before and how safe is it for the engine? (96 honda civic d15b non v-tec)

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Careful, you might get a message saying "Danger to manifold" when it all kicks in

Shavarrian

Proudly Honda
am not really into speed any more i just want a smooth Honda (sports car) and the specification says it saves on gas thats why i buy it but i just to know if it is safe to put on my car

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they'll say anything so that people who really know much will buy it and believe it's doing what it says it's doing..butt dyno.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
return it and say it added too much horse power and now your motor blew

emerican

Registered VIP
ok guys thats enough with the smart elec answers
op do not put this on your car it was a waste of money it will not give you any gains what so ever and may even hurt your vehicle.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
All those chips do, like the venom 400, is open the throttle all the way after 50% of the pedal is down. Simple way to trick buyers

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All those chips do, like the venom 400, is open the throttle all the way after 50% of the pedal is down. Simple way to trick buyers
How is that possible with a throttle that is controlled by a cable?

RonJ

Banned
...the specification says it saves on gas thats why i buy it
The Civic is an economy car so it is already designed to maximize gas mileage. There are basically no inexpensive modifications that you could do to increase gas mileage, so leave your engine completely stock.

To maintain good gas mileage, give your engine regular oil changes and tune ups, clear all CEL codes, and have the driving style of an old lady (slow and easy).