Progress so far.

hear7161

Nice fixer up mate, I have the same car I’m fixing up as you, take out he carpet and add Integra seats and boom you got a beautiful interior=)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robman3291

Nice fixer up mate, I have the same car I’m fixing up as you, take out he carpet and add Integra seats and boom you got a beautiful interior=)

That's the plan. I'm also debating just power washing the interior until all the grim is off. I'm mostly just irritated with the seat belts being moldy, but o well I'll just get different ones. I have the head off because I thought it had blown head gasket, but I'm not so sure now because the guides in the head are missing so I gotta find those. Either way the head is off to the machine shop

Robman3291

Speaking of the head, should I remove all the sensors and the vtec solinoid before I send it to the machine shop? They said it's fine to leave them, but I'm also having it hot tanked so I think maybe I should

hear7161

Don’t bother, if you can find a b series engine and swap it in, way better power, super easy to swap in and some would say b >d series

hear7161

Also, your power washing it? I just hand wiped all the grime off LMAO

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But after removing most of the interior and testing the sun roof over and over.
The windshield seals can leak too and allow water to pool up in the front driver and passenger floor boards.

Robman3291

The windshield seals can leak too and allow water to pool up in the front driver and passenger floor boards.
I was wondering that too, but the mold seems concentrated in the center of the car and immediately on the middle of the rear seat, also water damage on the headliner was concentrated directly behind the sunroof and the edges around the windows was prestine

Robman3291

Don’t bother, if you can find a b series engine and swap it in, way better power, super easy to swap in and some would say b >d series

This car is just a daily for me right now, I'm staying D with it because I'm traveling for my internship and I have to drive 700+ miles a week. Eventually I'm going to just budget K24 swap it with a CRV or Accord K24 when I get bored with that I'll find a K20 head. Anyways yeah so for right now this is just gonna be a comfy daily with AC. I'll probably do the K24 swap next winter.

hear7161

This car is just a daily for me right now, I'm staying D with it because I'm traveling for my internship and I have to drive 700+ miles a week. Eventually I'm going to just budget K24 swap it with a CRV or Accord K24 when I get bored with that I'll find a K20 head. Anyways yeah so for right now this is just gonna be a comfy daily with AC. I'll probably do the K24 swap next winter.
Sounds like a plan man[emoji119][emoji2532]

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Id wear a hazmat suit in that car, after seeing that back seat and what was under it that mold might be body decomposition lol hope not..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Robman3291

Id wear a hazmat suit in that car, after seeing that back seat and what was under it that mold might be body decomposition lol hope not..

I live in Oregon man 1 winter and roll your doors up and that's what it looks like

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Boneyards are your best friend for parts you need. If you have a u-pull-it yard near its even cheaper with basic hand tools.

Robman3291

Boneyards are your best friend for parts you need. If you have a u-pull-it yard near its even cheaper with basic hand tools.

Yeah I've been hitting them pretty hard sadly we just have a very low inventory right now. There is a 4dr Integra 96 with full interior that I'm eyein hard, but they want 40 a seat and 70 for the rear bench, a little bummed the other yard doesn't have one because they sell seats for like $16 and 20 for a bench. There is a TL at that yard and they only wanted 25 for all the interior

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
TL would require modding brackets and power if applied, for 40 a seat if its clean go for a bolt in option and screw the back seat, if you never had passengers back there it wont matter till you come across a deal on those.. fyi im no ricer and every car of mine has full interior, subs n amps no matter the hp or use.

Robman3291

TL would require modding brackets and power if applied, for 40 a seat if its clean go for a bolt in option and screw the back seat, if you never had passengers back there it wont matter till you come across a deal on those.. fyi im no ricer and every car of mine has full interior, subs n amps no matter the hp or use.

Do you think 40 a seat is a good deal?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
If their clean and you "need" them its not a bad deal.. is a $900 Carbeau or $1200+ Bride a deal, hell no.. function over form, id rather my car drive good then look good.. to each their own, i spend money where it makes sense first.. power, brakes, handling, looks in that order.. 1k seats mean s**t if your pullin 15sec slips but get to 10sec slips better have a harness and some good seats..

Robman3291

If their clean and you "need" them its not a bad deal.. is a $900 Carbeau or $1200+ Bride a deal, hell no.. function over form, id rather my car drive good then look good.. to each their own, i spend money where it makes sense first.. power, brakes, handling, looks in that order.. 1k seats mean s**t if your pullin 15sec slips but get to 10sec slips better have a harness and some good seats..

I guess what I mean is $40 a typical price for cloth Integra seats. Yeah my goals for this car is a Running D series that saves a s**t ton in gas, doesn't have mold and some decent springs and shocks so I can lower it a little and have a decent ride. Those Integra seats looks comfy AF