Radio quality

escknx

Hi guys.

How's the Civic 8th gen stock radio sound quality in comparison with aftermarket ones?

I use only AUX and do not need any other options, I have pretty good source of signal(HTC One with PowerAMP player EQ'ed), and like how stock radio looks so I don't want to change it unless it produces bad sound (?).

I ordered two pairs of Kicker 40CS654 and also considering to get Kenwood SW11 small under seat subwoofer. I do not want to buy an amp, and sub will be connected to the rear speakers if I still need it after installing Kickers.

So is it worth upgrading to aftermarket radio if I do not need any functions like Bluetooth/USB/navi/etc.? Can I get good signal through aux with this stock radio?

Also who is manufacturer of this stock radio? Does it have enough power for proper supporting 4*Kicker 40CS654?

In few words I'm not going to shake the windows of neighboring cars but looking to get good amount of bass inside my car on low to mid volume levels. In the same time I would like not to invest in external AMP and aftermarket head, if that possible in my conditions.

Thanks a lot.

hmoobvwj

Never tried an 8th gen oem deck.. Since you are getting kicker mids and want to stick to stock head unit get an amp to power the mids. I have a 06 accord with stock head unit with kicker mids and I wanted the same thing you are looking for. I got a 4 channel kicker amp to give the power/bass I wanted out of the mids.