Rear cargo hatch cover DIY

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
I added this to the "92-95 Civic Important Links, Info" Thread.

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, whats up fellow Canadian! Benjamin, and from Victoria! Thats sweet ya made a cool cargo cover just from scratch and used simple items to make one that is seriously like OEM... I am going to do this, cause it looks like it is SO easy to do and I got the same car as the one pictured, is that your white 90's Civic or your dads? lol Anyways, great job and its looks great!

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^Looks like it's back after another 9 months..

Eh hell might as well ask a question. Whats it sound like with the sub on?

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice. I'm going to be making one very similar to this for my hatch in the near future.

AMF

DUDE ! GOOD s**t !!! I MADE MINE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND IT CAME OUT JUST LIKE THAT (BUT GREY) I TRIED TO COACH OTHERS BUT THEY JUST COULDNT GRASP THE CONCEPT.... I MOUNTED SOME 6X9's AND MAN DOES THAT s**t ROCK !!!!! lol..... I SUGGEST MOUNTING SOME ON AS WELL , TRUST ME, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED......

brandonnguyen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need brackets :(

hey guys,

sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I can't find the brackets anywhere. On one side of my hatch cover, the stub is broken off. I just need that stub. is there a part number for it or is there a good alternative anyone has tried? I've been looking all over and I can't find it. Thank you!

brandon

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Tardy to the party, yes, but did you ever consider using small hinges and cutting it in half so you can "fold" it open like the stock ones? My hatch came with one luckily, but I love that it folds halfway.

Also, I did a VERY similar build with my spare tire cover. Exact some concept :thumbup:

Sarek

hey guys,

sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I can't find the brackets anywhere. On one side of my hatch cover, the stub is broken off. I just need that stub. is there a part number for it or is there a good alternative anyone has tried? I've been looking all over and I can't find it. Thank you!

brandon

Thanks for bringing this back, I was looking for a DIY!

The part numbers you're looking for should be here:
Majectic Honda

subscribed! how has the new cover holding up? Thanks again for posting the DIY!!

Paul (first post!)

Sarek

Tardy to the party, yes, but did you ever consider using small hinges and cutting it in half so you can "fold" it open like the stock ones? My hatch came with one luckily, but I love that it folds halfway.

Also, I did a VERY similar build with my spare tire cover. Exact some concept :thumbup:
not to go too off topic, would you mind posting a pic of the spare cover? I also need one of those! What did you use to replace the foam bumpers/spacers?

Thanks in advance for any info! =)