rear speaker wiring in 95 hatch?

bearnbean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wondering if anyone knows if the 95 DX hatchbacks came with speaker wiring installed to the back stock (even if there were no speakers added).

My 95 4dr came with speaker wiring to the back from the factory, but no speakers. Just plugged in my 6X9's and go.

Hoping that the hatch is the same.

Thanks

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havent seen any EG hatches with back speakers stock......i dont think factory would put wiring back there with no speakers

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i was told, 94 and up had rear speakers. but i have a 92, so i cant confirm this.

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah, im pretty sure it was an option, because i have a 95 DX hatch and mine doesnt have the rear speakers...

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where would rear speakers go in a hatch? pics?

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The rear speakers would go in the rear panels next to the rear seats... I talked to a customer support person at crutchfield about the issue, and he told me thats where they are, and when i get my car i need to pull the panel and see if i have the stock brackets, if i dont i need to obtain them somehow (junkyard, or directly from honda), thats all i need, and i can either get the panels w/stock grills, or cut the hole in the panels and use the grills that come with the speakers... I should be getting my new sound system in tomorrow from crutchfield, and i will be getting my hatch this weekend, so i will most likely be doing the install this weekend, i will take pics during the install, and after, and post the pics up asap...

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i did the latter... i cut a hole and used the grills from the speaker... it looked hella ghetto... just get the real deal from honda or a wrecker

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I found this thread on civichatchback.com there are pictures of the rear speakers mounted. I have my civic now, and i installed my deck and front speakers, but im waiting for the rear until i get the grill/bracket kit thats required. I cant seem to find the grill/bracket kit though, my local honda dealer parts department said that honda no longer offers it.

http://civichatchback.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12972