RSX type S

JEKEL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I own a 2001 Civic DX, i am planing to do an engine swap. I will be adding in the K20A2 engine. I was wondering if they will be room for a turbo once the K20A2 is installed. Anyone can give me an answer? thanks.:D

JEKEL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah and i did the swap would it pass smog in california (without the turbo)?

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anything can fit if you have money to make room for it ^^, and if your buying that engine you probably can make room

SiR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dakkon
anything can fit if you have money to make room for it ^^, and if your buying that engine you probably can make room
BUT... be warned... the K series engines are quite a bit bigger then our little B16 AND they are oriented the otherway... so you're talking mad cash to connect them.

.:SiR:.

EVIL-cIvIc

P.I.M.P (BrONzE MeMbEr)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BUT... be warned... the K series engines are quite a bit bigger then our little B16 AND they are oriented the otherway... so you're talking mad cash to connect them.

its a 7th generation a K series motor will drop in perfectly, K series easily fit into 7th gen cuz everything is lined up the same way, however if it was a 6th gen or lower he would be spending serious cash trying to reroute the intake and the exauhst, and yea u can fit turbo in there after the swap u will probly have to take out sum other stuff but it should fit, i dunno about the smog test thing though

SiR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry... my bad, didn't notice that you have a 7th gen.

.:SiR:.

JEKEL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So do you guys know if there will be a problem passing smog??

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ummm.. no. a k series isnt a drop in swap into anything except sometine that already has a k in it. its a unique engine, it spins the opposite direction of all honda engines, and it sits on the oppisite side of the engien bay. regardless of what gen civic (except for the 7th gen si, which already has a k) it takes a lot of work and money to swap. the 7th gens have a d17, which is very similar to the d16's in prior civics, so swapping a k in and d series equipped car is about the same difficulty. it requires at least a mount kit, some needing the si subframe too, and to rearrange the entire engine bay to make room for the "backwards" engine. not easy or cheap. it will be smog legal if you t ransfer all the emissions hardware over, and the engine is either the same year or newer than your car.

JEKEL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EM is the chassis code for the 2001-and-up Civics. It's a significantly different design than the previous EK Civics, with a MacPherson strut suspension, a highly modified rear double wishbone suspension, a firewall-mounted steering rack, and numerous other changes.

DC5 is the chassis code for the RSX. It's a significantly different design than the previous DC2 Integra, with a MacPherson strut suspension, a highly modified rear double wishbone suspension, a firewall-mounted steering rack, and numerous other changes.

Forgive us for the redundancy, but that's the point. It turns out the RSX and Civic are virtually identical under the skin. And despite the radically different powerplants--with the Civic soldiering on with the tried-(but tired) and-true D-series engine--they aren't that different. Gillespie noticed this early on, and realized there had to be a way to swap the powerful K20A2 into the weak-kneed D17's home.

I found this artibcle at this web site(ttp://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0301ht_heart/)

it has pics of what the swap looks like afterwards.