screwed up camber?

michaelliv

wondering how you would diagnose this, the top of my back drivers side wheel is in way too much. I notice this because when I look at all the other ones they obviously aren't pushed in as much.. now I know most hondas you can't adjust the camber, but I am wondering what I should do. when driving in winter because of that wheel it would push my back end out from me and cause me to shimmy on the road, and my back passenger tire is starting to wear, I don't know if this is from the effed up back driver side tire, or they just didn't change that one back passenger tire. any comments would be helpful.. thanks guys.

SuperDanny

check the other components make sure nothing is messed up, and check that arm make sure its not bent or messed up and the bracket for it, was it wrecked or hit there before? make sure your bushings are all ok too, if anything get and adjustable rear camber kit for it, you can get them cheap enough and they are easy to adjust...

98 coupe

check the other components make sure nothing is messed up, and check that arm make sure its not bent or messed up and the bracket for it, was it wrecked or hit there before? make sure your bushings are all ok too, if anything get and adjustable rear camber kit for it, you can get them cheap enough and they are easy to adjust...
agreed, check the bushings and arms, is the car lowered. 6th gens can have up to 2 degrees negative camber not sure what car you have but it might not be as bad as you think. also if it is just camber being to neg you can get longer bolts and washers and make your own camber kit, there is a do it yourself under suspension on that. i would suggest going to an alignment shop and have them check it out not only will they give you your specs but they will also check out your suspension. good luck!

michaelliv

no I don't think it has been hit there before I will try to find out doesn't look like it though.. thanks I will look at the components, I haven't had time lately, I am a family man, so time is like utmost valuable to me. I will get a new tire and see if it even rubs, who knows maybe just an old tire they never fixed.. right now I have some L ball joints to change out.. Now I must ask when you change the ball joints do you really need the two jaw puller, or can I just use a pry bar or something to get the ball joint? s**t I have done some crazy stuff to get a car to work.. I don't think I will need it anyways..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's easiest to use some sort of table vice or vice clamp to get the ball joint out. Haynes manual says when removing the front ball joints, to remove the whole knuckle.

All cars come with very slight negative camber. It helps with handling. If you're lowered, it'll increase.

michaelliv

thanks jon and gang.. this helps a ton.. I think I am just going to get a new back tire, and fix the ball joints and just drive and inspect.. for some reason I am getting bad gas mileage still, so i will try to fix that soonly also.. I have done a whole tune up and still am getting a misfire, so I am going to check the timing as well.. thanks guys.