Shifting Gears

raycivic

So i own a 2012 honda Civic Si and whenever i shift gears it doesn't shift smooth all the time. It is like you feel something hitting when you shift. Sometimes when i do shift it is 100% smooth and usually that happends when i take off from a standstill the right way. I am a beginner at driving manual(10 months) and i am pretty new to manual transmissions. I took the car to 4 different dealer multiple times and everyone has told me the car is normal. Does running you're clutch affect your shifting gears smoothness? Please help because it is getting annoying

and the gears involved are pretty much all of them. 2nd and 3rd being the most notchy

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does running you're clutch affect your shifting gears smoothness?...
Explain what you mean by this.

Also, if 4 different dealers are telling you it's normal, then my logical guess would be that you are doing something wrong when shifting...

My only suggestion would be to find another comparable car and drive it. If it does the same exact thing, then you need to improve your manual driving skills. Don't really know what else to say as you have already had it evaluated by 4 different people and they all say the same thing.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Explain what you mean by this.

Also, if 4 different dealers are telling you it's normal, then my logical guess would be that you are doing something wrong when shifting...

My only suggestion would be to find another comparable car and drive it. If it does the same exact thing, then you need to improve your manual driving skills. Don't really know what else to say as you have already had it evaluated by 4 different people and they all say the same thing.
:wstupid:

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more practice.

if you're hitting something when you go to change gears you probably don't have the clutch pushed in far enough

if you feel a jerk after you've changed gears it's probably because the engine speed doesn't match the transmission speed. you need to match the revs

have a more experienced person drive your car like a parent or someone responsible. (not friends if you're young) see if they have any of the same problems.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
10 f**king months to learn how to drive a manual?

I just taught my 16yo brother last weekend and within 30 mins he had it down..........

And for god sakes this is like the 3rd bumped dead thread tonight cookie