Soon to be: Samantha the 98 Civic

luke46

Respected
This is my first post. Hello everyone, I'm Luke and well I used to have a huge interest in cars when I was about four or five years old. Was obsessed with them, had car magazines ordered to me, everything. I stopped being interested I think when I was about eight. Well, I guess this is what brought it back

It was April of 2016 and one day I found out that my brother was getting a car. It was my cousins car from 2009 until he bought himself a new one. a 1998 Honda Civic LX. My Grandparents had bought it off our cousin for 750 dollars, and gave it to us for free. They also promised also to pay for the paintjob it desperately needed. Well I went with my brother to pick it up and I can't really explain it, I guess I just fell in love with the thing. I remeber the neighbors across the street having one and me thinking of how cool of a car it was. So it was awesome driving around in it, It ran just fine and everything. (I don't have my liscense so yea) My brother got a suprise Graduation gift in May a 2007 Mercury Milano, so this was handed to my older brother who needed a car. Everything in it was just fine until well I started it up one morning and it didn't crank. It did start eventually, but somehow that failed attempt screwed up the tachometer, and now it jumps around (well now that is cold its ironically working correctly so don't know what is up). Then in August the muffler started being really loud, and everything was ok until September when we had a fail attempt start were we tried to start it ten times and then made a motorcycle sound and then stated and well we got it to the street over and then it stalled. We got it towed and to the mechanic, who then said theres no problem, we drove it around and everything so it mustve been a wet morning. Well, we told them to adjust the muffler, and they looked down there and found out someone rigged the muffler and there was a rubber band stuck there, and well they jimmyrigged it for the exhaust to come out under the passenger window. They tod us we have the completley replace the exhaust, which will cost about 450. So basically now it sounds like a motorcycle, I can hear my brother approaching after work and Im like, well theres my brother. So, that is why now it earned its nickname: Samantha the Dirty W****. We joke that its paint is chipped off but it gets you places. My brother had to do more jimmyrigging after the front pipe went down. Soon, it will be my car and my first project. My plans are to get everything that needs to be fixed fixed, get a hubcap for the right front tire, put in new speakers all around, get the rear left door to open, get the prepaid paintjob, and well just figure out how to fix cars from there. It will be nice once I can get it fixed up, and will be a interesting project
Here are some pics from October of 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

PaciDrifter

Respected
Welcome! I also just joined a week ago, and the community here is awesome! Good luck with the car! ;)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk