Sparky's EK project

Sparky94

So this is my build/what is going to be my build.

First a little back story. About 2 years ago I was actually going to trade my Si coupe for for this car, but the guy pointed out I had a blown headgasket :S Anyways, around 2 months ago my EF hatch got written off and I was in need of a new ride. Lucky for me, buddy had her for sale, and I picked it up quick.

My 98 Si coupe:

After I hit a pole:

My 91 Si hatch:

After I got rear ended & side swiped:

Now about the car itself. It's a 1997 Honda Civic CX hatchback with 215,000km on the body, and 172,000km on the motor. No power steering, no A/C, has been converted to OBD-1 running of a P30 ecu.

When I bought it:

The previous owner swapped in a B16, painted the car, and put H&R springs in. He also changed the timing belt, water pump, timing belt tensioner, and headgasket.

The mods and maintenance I've done:

- Skunk2 struts (stocks were blown)
- BWR 3PT front strut bar
- EX gauge cluster
- B&M short shift w/ Skunk2 knob & suede shift boot
- OEM EK amber clock
- Mugen replica front lip
- Type R rear lip
- Momo Mod 78 steering wheel (getting an NRG Gen 2.0 quick release)
- eGay fog lights (they were super cheap)
- 4300K HID's
- Currently running 15" Volk reps, but I've got a new set of wheels to put on soon :D
- Changed all fluids
- Replaced rad and thermostat, clean IACV and rad hoses

Most recent pictures:

My future goals are to find that f*****g squeak that sounds like it's my shifter but actually isn't. But seriously, I plan to tidy up the engine bay (clean, paint, wire tuck, etc). Next would be a bushing kit. I won't have much time with going back to work in a week, so hopefully I can at least get those two things done within the next couple weeks.

My future future plans are either a B16B swap or B18C swap. Haven't quite decided yet, but I've got time to make up my mind. And a massive suspension upgrade: coilovers, LCA's, subframe brace, sway bars, camber kits, bigger brakes.

I currently have a 4-1 header, but I'm going to wait until I have an exhaust to install that.