Special Notice: Gateway Raceway (IL) Midnight Madness 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret Kepner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SLICKS AND OPEN HEADERS WILL BE PERMITTED!

For those of you who planned to attend the first "Midnight Madness" event of the 2004 season at Gateway International Raceway, (Madison, IL), management has decided to allow any type of tires, (treaded or slick), as well as any exhaust configuration, (open or closed), for the program.

As most of you know, the MM events open at 11 PM Friday evening and unlimited timed trials will continue until 6 AM or everybody gives up, which ever comes first.

Live music, a car show, and a burnout contest are also on the agenda.

GIR's standard Friday evening event will also be contested, (Trophy, Pro Bike, Street Bike, High School, and Junior Dragster Eliminators), with gates opening at 5 PM.

On Saturday, April 24th, (after a brief rest period for the employees) GIR will also host its normal Saturday racing program, (Super Pro, Pro, and Street Eliminator bracket racing), with the first of four Outlaw Ten-Five Championships (10.5-inch tire, 3000 pounds) for the season.

That works out to about thirty consecutive hours of racing this weekend.

Just thought you'd like to know! =)

Bret Kepner
http://www.bretkepnerphotos.com
BRETKEPNER@Prodigy.net
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: :!: I would love to come to that but I don't think I can make it. whens the next one? I was planning on going to a few of them this year. isn't it like $50 for the whole night? can't wait to check it out.

Bret Kepner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yo, Ben! Actually, it's $10 admission for spectators and $20 to race at the Midnight Madness events. Here's the 2004 schedule for the four MM races:

April 23 - Midnight - 6 am
May 28 - Midnight - 6 am
July 2 - 7 pm - 2 am (Bracket Racing cancelled due to holiday, so the MM event takes the place of the regular Friday event)
August 27 - Midnight - 6 am

Hope to see you there! =)

Bret Kepner
http://www.bretkepnerphotos.com
BRETKEPNER@Prodigy.net
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
madison thats just out side of chicago right?

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, it's just outside of St. louis! only 20mins from my house.

I'll have my red civic with clubcivic.com decals on the back side windows.
how fast can you go b4 your kicked out? I've heard 13sec. I'm swaping a fully built GSR in my civic soon and I don't know how fast it will be.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah! I might need both! the guy I got my fully built GSR swap from said it ran high 10s/ low 11s......I guess I should at least bring a helmet.

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kinda roll bar do I need? does it have to be full cage or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.