Swap b18c1or b18c5 into honda civic hatch 1998

CrAzE191st

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive long been researching this question because i am planning on swapping either a gsr engine or type r one. i am planning to put a stage 3 revhard turbo kit. i heard that the type r engine wasnt a very good motor for a turbo application because of its high compression and that the gsr would be a better choice and that it would be even better if i just upgraded the internals either with type r ones or any other manufacturer, leaving the compression alone. Is this true?

Ace$nyper

you have much to learn read before you ever touch your check book

Ace$nyper

search is your friend you'll find out everything you need this topic is covered atleast once a month =/

CrAzE191st

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CrAzE191st said:
ive long been researching this question because i am planning on swapping either a gsr engine or type r one. i am planning to put a stage 3 revhard turbo kit. i heard that the type r engine wasnt a very good motor for a turbo application because of its high compression and that the gsr would be a better choice and that it would be even better if i just upgraded the internals either with type r ones or any other manufacturer, leaving the compression alone. Is this true?
btw i siad it wasnt good for turbo applications because ive heard that the engines would get easily blown while running big turbos

Ace$nyper

CrAzE191st said:
btw i siad it wasnt good for turbo applications because ive heard that the engines would get easily blown while running big turbos
has jack s**t to do with the turbines size lol
you can blow a stock motor easy if you treat it bad
its all about managment tuning etc
but very general theroy more psi = more stress on motor