Texas meet

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
hey does anyone know if you need a special permit to have a meet in texas in a public retail parking area? we are having an all honda meet and its after business hours and there are no signs in the area. we have had the all honda meet at the same location last time and got no trouble from local authority so i figure it should be alright. anyone got any info?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I live in Dallas, but I'm no help ;D

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
Well thanks for the help so far. At least we are gettin closer geographically lol.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where are you trying to have this meet at?

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
I'm in California. To have a meet you need a business license, resale permit, organization permit, charged for tax on gas you'll be using, taxed on that, taxed on top of the tax, need a permit to grill, need a permit to have more than 3 cars at a meet and you need a permit to even advertise.
ok well california has a massive stick up their ass when it comes to cars anyway lol. i dont think it will be that bad though. i still havent heard anything and i dont think we need papers.

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
oh yeah and i think houston is like 5-6hrs away from plano...i would consult the almighty mapquest or something.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to be form Texas but I'm from MI now and the answer to your question is yes. You can even have a meet in a private parking lot. They don't really care.

glassJAw

stay gold
5+ Year Member
pretty sure you will have trouble,if you dont have permission from the property owners.you need signed paperwork and maybe a number where the owner can be contacted just incase cops give you s**t over it.a few ppl that throw meets here,have off duty officers around just incase the ricers come around and cause trouble