The-Perfect-Exposure Automotive Photography Thread

xknowonex

5+ Year Member
nice shots of a nice beamsicle dude. i just looked at what you have for lenses. i hear nothing but good things about the tokina 12-24. i'm looking at getting a 5d to compliment the 40D so i dont know if the tokina would be a good choice seeing as its a digital only. i assume you dont use the 100-400L much haha. pos some pictures done by the dust pump man!
I love my Tokina 12-24. It feels solid and it is cheaper than the Canon EF-S 10-22 and superior in some aspects. Correct, the 12-24 and many other ultra wides are only for crop sensors only. If I was in your shoes, I would use the 17-40L.

The 100-400L is on a long term loan and I have used a couple times for birds and for some surfing shots. It is not very useful for cars at all unless its at the track. From what I have read, the lens is highly versatile as it has no equals. There are primes like the 400 and 600 but those are alot more difficult to use due to the fact they are primes and they are alot more expensive.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn. pictures are great!

xknowonex

5+ Year Member
Heres something a little different that I wanted to share. Me and a couple of buddies went cruising around Newport the other night and I managed to snapped some decent shots late at night. Here goes

Exposure: 2
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 26 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Exposure: 30
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Exposure: 30
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 34 mm
ISO Speed: 100

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Amazing work man :thumbs up.

And I f**king LOVE Lexus' new IS series design :drool:. I like them more and more each time I see one. I think if I was rich, that'd be one of the first cars I'd own for a few years.

xknowonex

5+ Year Member
Yesterday I went to the 4th Annual Chrysler/Dodge Festival across the street from the Daimler Chrysler office in Irvine California. It was a huge meet mostly full of 300c, Chargers, and Challengers, with the diverse crowd ranging from DUB Magazine readers with Lamborghini doors to old school muscle car purists. Many of the attendees convoyed to the meet from out of state and stayed for the entire weekend to go go-karting and do whatever else that they wanted to do. Despite how Daimler Chrysler is ailing and bound to be the first of the Big 3 to fail, this meet definitely showed that there are many die-hard Chrysler/Dodge fans out there.

100+ High Res Pics
http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot.com/2009/03/fourth-annual-chrysler-dodge-lx.htm

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn nice work dude. Glad to see you are doing what you like regardless of the money.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need to get back out to irvine.

SottoAi

just random photoshoots i can't find my honda tech picture.

the twin tegs. [my bf and my cousin's]

the miata, 94 civic and teg

same trio

my baybee <3 and ae86 <3

those are just some random pictures of random day when i wanted to do a photoshoot.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice thread jack! :thumbs up

To the OP that Reventon is sick! Ive never seen one in person.