Tranny options for 2000 Civic Si

surferdude

5+ Year Member
OK, I'm a noob here and I have tried my best to ascertain which trannies are compatible with my recently acquired '00 Si.

Short story - tranny housing was cracked at the drain plug by whomever serviced it last, creating a serious leak. Temporarily sealed it with JB Weld but I don't trust it and a new housing from the local dealer is $418, new tranny is $2,500.

What other trannies bolt up and will work with no modifications as well as typical pricing? LS? GSR?

Also, does anyone recommend the N.K.K. clutch kit available on E-Bay?

Thanks,

Derek

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gsr, type r trannies, but your type r has lsd

bcivic94

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and LS. i think its ANY 94+ integra tranny

are you talking about integra tranny's have an lsd? if so i am 99.99999% sure only the type r came with it here.

surferdude

5+ Year Member
OK, it looks like the GSR tranny is probably the best/realistic option and I take it I need a hydro, correct?

Thanks for the heads up on the F1 clutch kit!

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get the GSR tranny, it has longer ratios. While you are here, you might as well upgrade to a type-r transmission and get the LSD.

ekcivicdx

5+ Year Member
def find an lsd trans..i wouldnt put anything other than that or another si trans...all other b series trannies are longer

surferdude

5+ Year Member
I hear ya. I found one on E-Bay for $1500 vs. several GSR hydro trannies for $550. The one thing I'd like is a taller 5th gear for the Interstate and from all of the reading I've done so far, the GSR has it.

But you can't beat getting a LSD and a Type-R tranny...

Don't get the GSR tranny, it has longer ratios. While you are here, you might as well upgrade to a type-r transmission and get the LSD.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or, you could just find a used case and while you have it apart, upgrade the final drive AND LSD :shock:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I guess it'd be hard to find a tranny split apart like that.

Well then, I guess just get the type-r tranny so you can upgrade at the same time.

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
if you dont plan on boosting it then dont bother with the ls or gsr trans

i would get another b16 trans, or gan an ITR trans with LSD

surferdude

5+ Year Member
I don't have any plans at the moment with boosting it but the idea has crossed my mind a few times. I miss having a turbo but the car is unmolested with respect to the mechanical side (uber reliable except for the tranny issue) and I want to leave it that way - for now. I'll keep your advice in mind, though, for the future, good stuff - thanks!!!

if you dont plan on boosting it then dont bother with the ls or gsr trans

i would get another b16 trans, or gan an ITR trans with LSD

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like all you want is a replacement Si trans with maybe an LS 5th gear for highway cruising. you dont need LSD if youre not making enough power to really break traction anyway. im boosted to 310+hp and dont have LSD on my stock Si trans... no complaints unless i have the wheels turned :scurred:

but to answer your original question: any hydro b-series tranny should bolt up. for a temporary fix you could get an older LS trans for probably $200

Last edited: