turn signal and hazard light problem

barryjl65

recently my wife and I bought a 95 civic DX coupe. Its a great car and runs great as well. My wife drives it 63 miles one way to work and decided she wanted to have a stereo system with a cd player installed and a friend installed it and the problems began. the turn signals do not work or flash at all now, the hazards come on and dont blink and when theyre on you can turn the ignition switch off and the engine continues to run even without the key in the ignition and if you press the hazard light button it will stop the engine with or without the key being in the ignition. I have replaced the signal flasher and checked all fuses and theyre fine. Any input would be appreciated.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds to me like you need to have your friend review his wiring. My guess is he tapped into one of the wires that he shouldn't have and the system is freaking out.

RonJ

Banned
The only way we could possibly help you is if you or the friend were to pull the units out and then posted clear pictures of which Civic wires were spliced to the unit's wires. We would need to see the colors (main/stripe) of the spliced Civic wires.