Upgrades

Kevinruss1994

Hey new to this but I just bought a 2017 Honda hatchback ex wondering if anyone can help me out with some simple cost effective ways to get it moving a bit faster, thanks in advance

Kevinruss1994

I have about 3 to 4 grand to work with not sure what I can do with this stock engine and transmission dont wanna ruin anything

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then in terms of power adders, I'd stop at stage 1 with flashpro. Meaning stock everything or an air intake at most. The CVT transmission won't hold up to much beyond stock power levels.

I'd go for suspension mods, wheels and tires

Kevinruss1994

Then in terms of power adders, I'd stop at stage 1 with flashpro. Meaning stock everything or an air intake at most. The CVT transmission won't hold up to much beyond stock power levels.

I'd go for suspension mods, wheels and tires
So if I did that how much better is stage one like what would it do for my car and thank you you've been very helpful that's good to know I figured the transmission would need to be upgraded if I was gonna do anything super crazy to it I just want to get it moving a little better nothing super crazy if I replaced the turbo with a bigger one would I also need to swap out the transmission? Only asking because this is my first car I've been looking at upgrading stuff

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They'll list the gains on Hondata's site. I wouldn't attempt swapping the transmissions, you'd be better off selling the car and buying a stick civic if you wanted to go that route.