Valve Cover/Orings/MotorOil? Help

200STM

Hey there CC I just got my first tool set and now I am ready to start my first project on my 92 civic. I have oil in the spark plug tubes and I got a valve cover set from 0*Reillys to replace the o rings and valve cover gourmet (is that how you say it?). I have one request before I start am I suppose to remove the motor oil from the engine? Also I have another question what kind of motor oil/filter should I use the engine (1.5 lt. the civic is a LX) has 324,000 miles on it. A big thanks on the help I don't know if I have to flush out the oil before I start replacing the valve cover/orings. Thanks for the help I am new to the site and figure I should post on here. NOTE: Why is it so hard to make a thread? I know I'm new and all but I try to be as clear and summarize what I'm trying to type up but I keep getting those errors

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey there CC I just got my first tool set and now I am ready to start my first project on my 92 civic. I have oil in the spark plug tubes and I got a valve cover set from 0*Reillys to replace the o rings and valve cover gourmet (is that how you say it?). I have one request before I start am I suppose to remove the motor oil from the engine? Also I have another question what kind of motor oil/filter should I use the engine (1.5 lt. the civic is a LX) has 324,000 miles on it. A big thanks on the help I don't know if I have to flush out the oil before I start replacing the valve cover/orings. Thanks for the help I am new to the site and figure I should post on here. NOTE: Why is it so hard to make a thread? I know I'm new and all but I try to be as clear and summarize what I'm trying to type up but I keep getting those errors
Gourmet, you say?

So you should have the valve cover gasket, which is easy to identify, and also 4 tube seals.

You do NOT have to drain the oil, it does not sit in the head while the motor is off. If you haven't done an oil change, now would be an ok time to do it. Be sure not to accidentally dump any oil or drop anything down the plug tubes or you have a new world of issues. In fact, just stuff paper towels in them while you're not working on them directly.

The oil debate is an old one, started way before my day. Some will say synthetic, some say the cheap stuff, some say Mobil 1, some say 5w20, some say 5w30. It's all over the place. Just use what the manual says and use the amount specified. Be sure to keep track of when it's done and change it regularly.

Also, how was it hard to make a new thread? What errors do you speak of?