vtec hardwire?

cuetip

Registered VIP
ok i just got my 93 hatch about 6 hours ago, and it was converted to a 5 speed, and still has all the auto plugs, and i had a buddy of mine very well knowledged when it comes to civics, and he told me i need to get a vtec wire harness...

the motor is a d15b1 with a d16z6 head

is there a way to hardwire into the existing auto plugs to get vtec??

or do i have to spend the 120 bucks to get the wire harness

twofast4u203

all that is needed is to run the vtec wires from the sensors to the plug for the ecu.u will need a ecu that was from a vtec tho.mine is running a d16z6 with a d15 harness

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tap ur vtec line to ur ecu. No need to waste buying a same wire harness that only has an extra sensor. Google for the ecu pin out.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I find it odd that you have a VTEC motor and VTEC isn't even hooked up. Tells me that you probably don't have a VTEC enabled ECU. Might want to check on that before you go wiring in VTEC for no reason. And if your ECU doesn't have VTEC, depending on what ECU it is, you can mod it to have VTEC. I did two this weekend.

cuetip

Registered VIP
haha alaska, it was a d16z6 head added on later, so most likely the ecu doesnt have vtec... but just got my d16z6 vtec wire harness in today have to get my buddy to help show me or hook it all up for me, then have to figure out why water comes out between the head and the block freely without the engine even on

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha alaska, it was a d16z6 head added on later, so most likely the ecu doesnt have vtec... but just got my d16z6 vtec wire harness in today have to get my buddy to help show me or hook it all up for me, then have to figure out why water comes out between the head and the block freely without the engine even on

That is a big, big problem. I'd be way more worried about this than getting VTEC to engage. Although both are pressing matters.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
^^ LOL!

Sounds like you have bigger things to worry about than VTEC currently. Water leaking from block/head = Blown head gasket = over heat = sad newly installed vtec parts blown out all over morning rush hour traffic..

cuetip

Registered VIP
thats what im thinking to alaska, so when it gets a little cooler i will take the head off and check out the head gasket, thats if there is one on it lol

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know this thread's a few days old, but what side of the block is the water coming from? Exhaust, intake, dizzy, etc? The intake manifold for the Z6 has a water passage on the side closest to the distributor. It's possible the intake manifold gasket is missing or leaking, not necessarily the head gasket