Wants to start, but just cannot do it?!?!

cyber0ne

Bought a 95 Civic LX from some guy... not running. Engine is a JDM swap (not sure on which yet) and a rebuilt tranny. Body is in ok shape but who cares.... its all getting replaced.

Guy says that back in December his son was driving home and car died. Would not start back up. He towed it home and it sat. He thinks that its the Distributor or Fuel Filter.

So I buy the car, hook it up and tow it home. Spent all day today pulling and replacing the cheap stuff. Buddy had a Distributor from his 95 LX that he bought and never needed so got it for cheap.

New Parts put on today:
Distributor
Wires
Spark Plugs (NGK)
Fuel Filter
Oil Change and new filter
Gas tank drained and new gas put in.

Engine was degressed and looks ok. I did notice a small oil leak, but fix-able.
When I pulled the plugs they had oil and build up on them.... something Im working on fixing now....

Put the new battery in and I can hear the gas pump kick on,Car tries and tries to start but just cannot do it..... I can feel and hear it but just cannot get it started....

any ideas?
Thoughts?

RonJ

Banned
Is there bright white spark at all 4 spark plugs?

Any CEL codes?

Did the timing belt snap or skip some teeth?

cyber0ne

I am going to replace the relay today, and pull one plug at a time to see if were getting spark on each.

Not sure how to do a compression test... have to google that one!

cyber0ne

Got it started!

Got the car started...

Needed a new Dist. Cap, and new Coil....

Now I think I just need to adjust timing on the Spark! RPM's once the car is warmed up go up and down from 1000 - 1500... if I put it in drive it stops and moves fine...