water dumps from underneath glove box

nizmo_bro

wish I had a nissan
When I bought my car, I noticed a wet spot on the floor on the passenger side. I figured someone tracked in water from their shoes. Haven't had a problem with it until today when it started raining. I was at work all day, and when it came time to leave, I started my car. Nothing out the ordinary. My windows were kinda foggy so I turned on the defroster real quick and then I heard and saw water coming from underneath the dash and glovebox. It was quite a lot, and I couldn't figure out where or why it was trickling out onto my floor. I have a rag there now to catch anymore water it leaks.

Anyone have any idea where this water is really coming from and building up.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
water runs down by the firewall by the wiper blades to disperse it. pop your hood and check to see if there is any plugs that lead in and check under your dash for where it starts

jfree.27

Yeah, Heater Core.. Especially if you saw it after you turned on the defroster..

RonJ

Banned
You have A/C, right? When you turn the defroster on, the A/C automatically turns on. The leak is likely from the A/C evaporator because the evaporator drain is clogged with gunk. Unclog the hose and you should be good to go.

Another possibility is a bulkhead seam leak:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1391530