what a/c will work in a 1999 ex w/ b18c1

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so the title pretty much says it all. I'm buying a 99 civic ex. Its pretty much a rolling shell. I'm going to be dropping in a b18c1 but I want a/c. What all would I need? Will a a/c system from any 96-00 work and fit properly with the b18?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just buy the components from a 99-00 SI. Everything from brackets to hoses and the a/c system. It would be a direct plug in to the 96-00 civic chasi.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just buy the components from a 99-00 SI. Everything from brackets to hoses and the a/c system. It would be a direct plug in to the 96-00 civic chasi.
The thing is I already have a/c parts from an EX...is that gonna work?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
use the crv bracket and all the stock civic ac parts will work, thats what i did

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use the crv bracket and all the stock civic ac parts will work, thats what i did
ok awesome! so do you know how much a crv bracket is from the dealer? incase i dont find one from a junk yard or something? do i only need that bracket to make the ac work or do i have to have the bracket to mount the ac? sory i just dont know anything about a/c

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its one bracket, its between the engine and the ac compressor and the belt tensioner from the civic will work with it.

i bought mine from Majestic Honda at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and paid 60.55 plus shipping.

the part number is 38930-p7j-000

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no problem, let me know if you have questions, i just got done doing that swap so i'm familiar with it

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok but like can i have all the ac stuff in there and mounted until i receive the crv bracket or do i have to have that braket for it to mount and stay together. does tha make sense?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok so I went out and looked at my gsr bracket and compared it to my old d16 bracket. The wholes are spread out alot more in the gsr so you won't be able to do that.

I also noticed that I didn't use the tensioner pulley off of the civic bracket, I took it off the gsr bracket, so you'll probably need that too, it won't stop you from bolting up the compressor without it but you won't be able to run a belt

DorseyR

LoS
5+ Year Member
so u would need a gsr tensioner pulley as well? ive got an 00 ex doin the gsr swap as well :/ would s**t my pants if i found i couldn't directly swap a/c wit motor in alreadY!! so is it a gsr bracket or crv bracket or both work?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gsr bracket won't work, you need the 99-00 si bracket or crv bracket, the crv is usually cheaper. you need the tensioner pulley too, I used the gsr pulley because I already had it and it worked. i assume the 99-00 pulley would work too

95B18c

5+ Year Member
gsr bracket won't work, you need the 99-00 si bracket or crv bracket, the crv is usually cheaper. you need the tensioner pulley too, I used the gsr pulley because I already had it and it worked. i assume the 99-00 pulley would work too
what about for a 1995 b18c swap into a 200 civic ex. Can I still use a crv a/c bracket to mount my civic a/c compressor?

when you say the tensioner pulley, is that the timing belt tensioner or a part of the a/c compressor?

VTEC-POWER

5+ Year Member
why would you want to put a/c in your car, most people i know take them out :shock:.... but agen i do live in the U.K soo a/c down here is pointless

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AC is a must here in FL. so is window tint. as gay as some people think it is. try gettin burned while driving. and im dark skinned. everytime i go to meets, the turbo guys would have to open their windows while its raining because they dont have AC and they fogg up. its hilarious. thats one thing I have up on them!