What Fuel pump to get?

EgCivicKid

Hey guys, the fuel pump in my SI Hatch has been progressively getting worse. the pump usually kicks on the first time i turn the key half way but usually now it must not pump enough fuel because it wont start all the way. so i have to keep turning the key half way like 30+ times before i hear the pump kick on again, and then usually it starts right up, and if not i repeat and it always starts by the third time.

1.)I am assuming that is just a bad fuel pump.(right?)
2.)Does it sound like it could
be something else causing the problem?
3.) My car is MOSTLY stock for now as far as motor and all that goes....what fuel pump should i get?

A friend told me to go with a wolbro Fuel pump, because it works fine and safe for a stock setup, its cheeper than a stock replacement, and its also good for turbo and all motor setups if i ever get the money to build in the future.

Should i take his advice?

5.)is there any downside to running a wolbro pump with a stock setup? (like will it harm anything or run bad?)

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Firstly its walbro.

Second are you sure its the pump and not an electrical issue?

I suggest doing some tests and then looking into an aeromotive setup

EgCivicKid

haha my bad.

So are you saying it might be as simple as a bad ground or something like that?

aeromotive..is a company. yes?
not really sure where to start when looking for an aeromotive setup. I suppose i would just have to do some research and figure out what pump others have bought from them? Is aeromotive like the best?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your main relay and for any intermittant shorts. User ronj on here has all of the common things to check in his signature.

What are your plans with the car? If its staying stock then i wouldnt upgrade the pump over stock.

The walbro is good. Its what i will be running but it is loud during operation. Aeromotive is where its at...

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like the ECU may be bad, but first clean/tighten the G101 ground on the thermostat housing, resolder the main relay, and replace fuses 24 and 31.

EgCivicKid

Check your main relay and for any intermittant shorts. User ronj on here has all of the common things to check in his signature.

What are your plans with the car? If its staying stock then i wouldnt upgrade the pump over stock.

The walbro is good. Its what i will be running but it is loud during operation. Aeromotive is where its at...
Thanks, for now the car will be stock, because i am starting school in the fall, but eventually i plan on a turbo setup. Would an aeromotive pump have negative effects on my car if i was running basically a stock setup for a while?
Is Walbro like REALLY loud? im having troubles finding a video of how it sounds.

ALSO....I found this awesome fuel pump comparison writeup on realstreetperformance.com
Very informative, Be sure to check it out!

Sounds like the ECU may be bad, but first clean/tighten the G101 ground on the thermostat housing, resolder the main relay, and replace fuses 24 and 31.
Not positive how to do all of this..but if i showed my friend you said that, im sure he could help or walk me through it. Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by a moderator: