what is that"little cow noise" when i start up?

E-Honda

juice
hello all.. i live in south africa and drive a honda ballade 180E. (b18b) i would like to know wot that sound is on start-up. sounds like a pump of some sort' or a little cow. any ideas???

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fuel pump is my guess.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the check engine light go away or blink once when the noise stops?

My guess would also be the fuel pump.

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
X3 on fuel pump. A video would help us though

E-Honda

juice
yes the engine check light goes away..cool thanks..oh andi just found out
that the 1995 ballade here in south africa is the civic anywhere
else.. i think i got that right..lol

my honda civic 1995 sedan 180E abs light still goes on even tho i reset the ecu.. where would i find the wheel sensors? and is there a plug connected to it?

Last edited by a moderator:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my honda civic 1995 sedan 180E abs light still goes on even tho i reset the ecu.. where would i find the wheel sensors? and is there a plug connected to it?
Do you mean the light that says "brake" or is it actually an abs light?

If its just the brake light then you may be low on brake fluid.

E-Honda

juice
yip its the abs light.. everything was fine till i replaced the outer cv joints. i made sure i did not hurt anything.. the abs light goes off at start-up and on again after a few revolutions of the wheels.. ???

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The light comes on because there is something wrong with the abs system. Resetting the light doesn't solve the problem so the light obviously comes back on when it realizes that you just reset it instead of fixing what is wrong.

You need to find out what component of the abs system is malfunctioning and fix or replace it. I would start with the obvious being the parts you unplugged or worked on recently then diagnose and work from there if that doesn't solve your problem.

E-Honda

juice
right so heres the skinny.. i went back and re-traced my steps and found the faulty cv joint i had removed. I found that the new cv i installed never had a tone ring. the very ring that tells your wheel speed sensor how fast the wheel is turning. I then removed the ring and placed it on the new cv and bobs your uncle...' light off..

leason: dont just go on wot the tool behind the counter says.. research is the key..

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right so heres the skinny.. i went back and re-traced my steps and found the faulty cv joint i had removed. I found that the new cv i installed never had a tone ring. the very ring that tells your wheel speed sensor how fast the wheel is turning. I then removed the ring and placed it on the new cv and bobs your uncle...' light off..

leason: dont just go on wot the tool behind the counter says.. research is the key..
Glad to hear you solved it!

E-Honda

juice
props to you lethal 6... The trouble shooting leason really helped..
U def on my christmas list... Do u have space in your yard for a rhino? lol

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
props to you lethal 6... The trouble shooting leason really helped..
U def on my christmas list... Do u have space in your yard for a rhino? lol
No problem.

Always have room for a rhino!