what screws for 6th gen mus flaps?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i just bought mud flaps, what screws can i use bsides the oems ones because mine didn't come with any, i dont want to buy them from honda because just for the 12 it requires they are $50 after tax(f**k that) what alternate screws can i use?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think most of the other body screws are the same size. Like the ones at the ends of the sideskirts.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont know which ones those are? are they the same as the ones holding the bumper on right over the grille?

Lewis M

No cat=big flames
5+ Year Member
I took mine off the other day to clean them... they were 2 types. two bout half n inch long and quite fat as far as screws go, the other 1 went in the middle hole was bout the same length but not as wide.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah! i dont know why the honda are selling it too expensive?
i bought some screws for my rear bumpers on a cheaper price not from honda and not OEM and it looks just the same...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
I dont know which ones those are? are they the same as the ones holding the bumper on right over the grille?

see the screws labeled "G2" in that pic? Those are the screws amy was refering to. You could in essence unscrew one and match it to something at homedepot as those screws are about $5 each at honda.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
They're screws. Go outside and look at the ends of your sideskirt. There will be an actual screw at the end of it. Not a clip, a screw.

Thanks sk8shorty017.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok thanks, yeah im just going to buy one from honda and then take it to home depot and find something similar(as suggested by the guy from honda hahaha) thanks guys

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
ok thanks, yeah im just going to buy one from honda and then take it to home depot and find something similar(as suggested by the guy from honda hahaha) thanks guys
But you have screws that should match on your car already. Why buy a new one to compare? Your sideskirt won't fall off if you remove one screw.

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this isnt part of the question, but i just wanted to know if u guys have problem with mud flaps and lowerd car?, is this a big problem?, cuz i was thinkin of getting some for my hatch but ppl say they tend to be a problem on lowerd car? how low do u have to go for it to be a problem?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sky9 said:
this isnt part of the question, but i just wanted to know if u guys have problem with mud flaps and lowerd car?, is this a big problem?, cuz i was thinkin of getting some for my hatch but ppl say they tend to be a problem on lowerd car? how low do u have to go for it to be a problem?
Eran's CX is about 1.75 inches lower and has mud gaurdss. They scrape on speedbumps and just pop back into place. Eran reports minor "shredding" on the ends but says you're not goign to notice unless you're right up on them.

3DScott's DX is probably about 2 inches and has mud gaurds. They scrape on speedbumps and on hard corners and turns. They too just pop back into place though.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the original guards i had were from an ex dropped 2.5 inches and they were shredded and inch shorter than normal

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t honda wanted $48 just for 14 screws and some fasteners so i said f**k that and got the same exact kit from napa just a non honda brand for $12 f**k yeah now my mud guards are on and oh it feels so good, considering i got the rear ones for free and the front ones for $12

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm... do mud flaps work on aftermarket skirts?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the screws are the same as the ones that fasten the grill to the bumper...

hope that helps

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
iOn said:
hmm... do mud flaps work on aftermarket skirts?
What kind of aftermarket skirts? Maybe, if they are OE style. The front gaurds fit around the sideskirt though, so you have to worry about if that section of the sideskirt is shaped the same as the OE skirts.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm... once the snow/ice starts clearing up i'll try to take pics of what i have.