What should I do?

Will 93

Ok so I have a 1993 honda civic Dx, its pretty much all stock, I put an air intake on it, and a muffler tip cause my other original exhaust rotted out. With that being said I want to do something with my civic but its non-vtec and its automatic, I don't think it is worth it to put any money into it. I think it would be a waste. Should I just buy a 93 honda ex manual? I feel like that would be the ideal thing to do. Tell me what you think.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, even the manual stock dx's are slow so the only way to get power from it is a motor swap

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep. Ur gonna have to do a swap. But it would be easier to swap a car that is already manual...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My del sol had a d15b7 in it, which is what I believe your DX has. It was a manual, and it was still slow as hell. Lol if you're really not satisfied you can either do a motor AND tranny swap, or buy another car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will 93

Yea I think I'm just going to buy a 93 Honda ex manual cause it has vtec the car is more modern(power locks,power windows) and the ex has about 23 more horsepower I just wanted to know what would be cheaper, buy another car and do stuff to that one, or do an engine and tranny swap in mine

emerican

Registered VIP
its prolly end up being cheaper to just buy another car.
are you going to be happy with the ex motor or swap it as well?

Will 93

i'll eventually swap it, All i really want is B16a i found one for like 1500. But idk what do you think I should do? I'm not really sure thats why i joined the forums for better insight and help if I need cause these forums seem good, people actually respond to threads

emerican

Registered VIP
personally i would get a manual ex and have the sunroof power everything and the vtec motor with a little more power to hold you off untill you can swap that car. and the wiring for vtec will already be there unlike with swapping the dx.