Wondering about my 00' EX...

RicerForLife

Hey guys pretty new to the site. I'm running with an 00' EX coupe(auto sadly) and was wondering a few things...

1. I want a manual trans for obvious reasons, would it cost more to change it or to just buy a 99' Si(my next car)?

2. Is there even any point in modding an automatic? i've considered it time and time again but I know it weill most likely never be as fast as if I had a stick.)

3. Where should I go to learn more about my car? People on here talk about B16's, cold air intakes and I'm just confused trying to make heads or tails of any car lingo.

4. My last question, which is probably a stupid one but what is VTEC and what does it do?

Thanks guys, and for anybody who has any negative comments you can keep them to yourself. I'm just trying to educate myself on m car.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to CC!
Google is your friend, friend =)

Personally, I would save your money and wait until you get your Si.

VTEC (Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is variable valve timing that Honda uses to marry fuel economy with performance. Google or go on howstuffworks.com to see how it works, looks up videos.

Someone will hopefully chime in and provide a URL where all the D and B series engines are explained.

Hope that helps.

emerican

Registered VIP
if you really wanted to mod the auto then you could long as its worth it to you then its worth it; however youd be better off in the long run saving for the other car and modding it.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Great animation on Vtec explained.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcT_ZyY3F0k

I wouldn't call modding it a waste. Well, ok I would, but in reality modding any car is a waste. Would it be easier to just keep it stock, save for a civic Si? Absolutely, there is no doubt about that. Cheaper? Well that all depends on the condition of your current vehicle and the condition of the Si you find. Personally I like to work with what I have.

I see nothing wrong with building the 00 EX to your likings. Then when its done its better than a stock Si and its built by you and something you can take pride in. Save for your swap, until then you can do things like brakes, suspension, exhaust, lip etc... Not only that you'll learn a lot in the process.

DTvn

Do exterior and save up for a SI than take all of that stuff and put it on your new SI

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
drive it and so some personal touch, your car is fast enough to get you in trouble already so spend some time making it nice to drive around. We spend a lot of time in our cars so keep that in mind.