Would a dizzy cap and rotor cause vehicle to stall

chrisdnphy

I have a 99 honda civic with a b18a1 engine which is an ls engine from an integra. i have recently been having issues. its a manual btw. The car is currently parked and cant go anywhere. The car will start up ok then when i go to press the gas it stalls out but i did a test tonight i slowly pressed the gas and it revved but when i went to give it gas to quickly engine would stall. I have redone timing and replaced spark plugs. I am thinking it may be dizzy rotor and cap but not to sure. I have also done a compression test everything checked out.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's the easiest thing you can check on a vehicle. Take the cap off and inspect the contact points for corrosion or moisture. If there is corrosion, replace and if there is moisture eliminate it.

Yes a corroded or wet cap will cause a vehicle to stall and in many cases it will cause them to not start.

RonJ

Banned
It's the easiest thing you can check on a vehicle. Take the cap off and inspect the contact points for corrosion or moisture. If there is corrosion, replace and if there is moisture eliminate it.
This^

Also check for a loose or missing rotor screw. Bad plug wires can also cause similar problems.