Y7 Mods

Armando C.

So ,after long hard thought, I've decided not to swap my D on my daily and I'mjust gonna keep it stock, well, for the most part.
However, I'm looking to get a little more power and "umph" out of this thing (i understand this is D series, so I'd be lucky to break the 120 whp mark), but I'm really only looking to gain maybe 5-15 hp, and maybe some torque would be nice, but not really a concern.
I have a stock D16Y7, absolutely NOTHING done to it. I was wondering what were some solid I/H/E mods you guys could recommend? I've heard a little about the Injen CAI and DC headers giving a good amount. what about exhaust? I want to hear some of the feedback you guys have had and experienced with, not necessarily a "put this on your car" type of deal, just want to see how the cars have responded to what brands and mods.

Again, I'm only looking to put down another 5-15 hp with 15 being on the high end. I'm not looking to dish out some dough like crazy, I'll probably do a small boost build with this later down the road, so just some small things. Thanks.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cai, exhaust. Make it breath better. That's all that's worth doing.

Armando C.

Will most mods give the same output? for example, will the Injen CAI give about the same as say some other brand CAI? same with exhaust and headers? If thats the case, I can just pick up whatever brand offers the friendliest price.

I wasn't looking to do anything beyond I/H/E for now.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You will only see 5-6 whp difference with a intake, header, and exhaust. You will end up spending $1000 if you get name brand parts. That much money for that little hp is pointless. ESPECIALLY when you say you might boost later. The header and intake will be replaced with a manifold and intercooler piping.

Armando C.

Really? very helpful, thanks, looks like im keeping things stock unless i come up on some free stuff or deals.

CO671

Registered VIP
No noticeable gains by the butt dyno. It's all aural... just sound and looks.
Honestly, if you really want power, don't do those. The link in my signature has some modifications you may or may not like, check it out.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I turbo'd my y7 like a boss. 190whp. getting it retuned to 250whp this summer

myEKsedan

Ditch that y7 intake manifold and pick up the y8. The y8 flows way better and you will have a better throttle response. As far as headers and intake. Thats up to you. The amount of power you will make with them will be slight..