Yellow Headlight Bulbs

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Today during school I was clicking around Meng Motorsports and saw that in the "lighting' section they offer yellow headlight bulbs.
I've always thought that it'd look cool to have yellow bulbs, but I'm pretty sure it isn't legal in Texas, but who cares?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has yellow bulbs or knows anyone with them or has seen someone with them, and if the effect is desirable or not. I'm pretty sure It doesn't help visibility, but as far as looks; how are they?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It dosent really do much. Its supposed to be easier to see in inclimate weather, though. I had them in for about a week, and it didnt help much, visibility wise in normal clear weather.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it won't help visibility in clear weather, but in your opinion, did it look good? Everyone has blueish lights, "superwhite," or stock. I want to go for a different look, but first I'd like to make sure that it's not a crappy different look.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Just give it a shot, the bulbs can't be that expensive. If you don't like the look or if they hinder visibility just swap the stock ones back in.

I switched mine to hyper-white when i swapped out my old headlights but if i had found yellow bulbs i would of tried those out.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You want to sacrifice visibility & safety for bling? I've seen them all over the place on riced out Honda's and Acura's in Jersey. It's an ugly look IMHO.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I've decided that it's not such a great idea, so I'll stick with the stock ones for now.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want something brighter, go for Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Nightbreakers. Super bright standard halogen bulbs.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want something brighter, go for Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Nightbreakers. Super bright standard halogen bulbs.
I swear for a whole second that said "Orgasm Nightbreakers." I lol'd.

Then I read it again; I'll look into these, thanks man.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Please, Philips and all those other expensive ass brands aren't that great. They do the same thing as any other bulbs/kits out there and they're triple the price. On top that, the warranty they have to offer is the same as the no name brands.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Please, Philips and all those other expensive ass brands aren't that great. They do the same thing as any other bulbs/kits out there and they're triple the price. On top that, the warranty they have to offer is the same as the no name brands.
Wait... Did you just say "Philip"s and "expensive ass brands" in the same sentence?

Philips XTP's are $34 off www.powerbulbs.com. Know your facts before you talk s**t. And this "expensive ass" bulb you so call it is actually very bright. They're rated at +80% at stock wattage. Nightbreakers are rated at +90%. I love my XTP's on top of my PIAA's in my fog lights. High beams + fogs = I can see everything at night.

Eran did a comparison / write-up on them on Honda-Tech.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
I used to have Nokya yellow bulbs for my high beams and I loved them..

I like them for fog lights or high beams but I don't know about driving lights.
You can get yellow HIDs..

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got projector headlights, so I have H1 HID in the driving bulbs and yellow (like above) in my high beams, which I use for snow and foglights. Looks awesome, perfect for the rain. Had yellow H4 bulbs, which looked good, but most of the time I used the high beams, but that's because I like a lot of light output

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had yellow bulbs for a couple years. i thought they helped in foggy weather - they cut down on glare a lot. i took them out after a $232 fix-it ticket though :shock:

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wait... Did you just say "Philip"s and "expensive ass brands" in the same sentence?

Philips XTP's are $34 off www.powerbulbs.com. Know your facts before you talk s**t. And this "expensive ass" bulb you so call it is actually very bright. They're rated at +80% at stock wattage. Nightbreakers are rated at +90%. I love my XTP's on top of my PIAA's in my fog lights. High beams + fogs = I can see everything at night.

Eran did a comparison / write-up on them on Honda-Tech.
More wattage does not always mean a brighter bulb.