You know I don't generally buy stuff for my camera

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...but when your class absolutely requires one, you might as well fork over some dough and get what's good.

and a little ceiling bounce straight off the camera.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
used one for a wedding a couple months ago.....i want one (or the nikon equivalent, i should say) SOOOO badly :lol: have fun w/ it :thumbs up

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
sorry for the stupid questin, but wtf is it?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. Even though I'm not into photography lol. Still a nice pic.

How do you stay so clean and organized? My desk is a MESS.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the shitty Nikon p&s i'm using for this picture pales in comparison. this s**t is srs bsns.

this 80-200 is sharp as a tack.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is so special about it? like what makes it better than the one that comes on the camera? i know its bigger and all..but is that a chip i see in the red?

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that 80-200mm shot...how far were you when you took that shot

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hurray for highlife

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is so special about it? like what makes it better than the one that comes on the camera? i know its bigger and all..but is that a chip i see in the red?
i think you can rotate and turn it to have teh light come from another angle instead of stright on.
i guess not real sure

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i think you can rotate and turn it to have teh light come from another angle instead of stright on.
i guess not real sure

that's part of it.
you can bounce the light off of different subjects to create different lighting effects.
it also helps GREATLY to focus in low light, is adjustable for a brighter or dimmer flash depending on conditions and desired effect, can be used in conjunction with other flashes to create even cooler lighting effects.

also, moving the flash point further from the lens reduces glare and red eye.

there's allot of other very cool things about a flash like that, but those are some of the primary cool factors

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's a little example for shits and giggles. difference in guide number. bear in mind this little formula:
guide number / distance to subject = suggested fstop. (we'll use 10ft as an example because it's the easiest to calculate).

with that in mind. the built in xti flash has a guide number of 43 (max), which means that 43/10= f4.3 ... not bad... shallow
the 580ex has a guide number of 191 (max), which means that 191/10=f19.1 ... now, i don't know if you, personally, know the difference, but it's almost 5 full stops.

get it?

not to mention the ability to zoom my flash to either diffuse it or concentrate it.
yeah, well worth the money.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice pics man.