coupe vs hatchback

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd really like to see just the frames weighed for each body style.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the coupe's were target more for the US market and thats why they made them better equipped. I read somewhere that sales for hatchbacks in general in the US are significantly lower than Europe or Japan, guess thats why everywhere else the hatchbacks are better equipped. I know over here they're far more sought after anyway

javy

5+ Year Member
man stay wit the coupe!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The issue I have with the comparison of the PT Cruiser and CR-V is that we're not talking about minivans (which a PT Cruiser basically is) or an SUV of any sort....

It's not a minivan Amy.

It's a blingy rimmed turbocharged clown hearse. :bluelol:

I was just stating that the hatch opening is wider and more practical.:cool:

Like have you ever seen the trunk in a Cobalt? Freakin' huge cavernous thing. Room for four or five dead hookers. But the opening is like 1ft X 3ft. So you need to make certain that you start stuffing your dead hookers in before rigor mortis sets in. :Devil:

and back on the Civic topic: Have you seen a 1st gen Civic Coupe? It looks just like the hatchback but it has this dopey little tailgate/glove compartment door thing in the back instead of having the glass lift. :rolf:

EJFERIO

5+ Year Member
i think the coupe's were target more for the US market and thats why they made them better equipped. I read somewhere that sales for hatchbacks in general in the US are significantly lower than Europe or Japan, guess thats why everywhere else the hatchbacks are better equipped. I know over here they're far more sought after anyway
Hence part of the reason that Honda made the 96-00 civic Si a coupe instead of a hatch.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 93 hatch now which I like, but in the 6th gen cars, I like the coupe better. I had a 99 EX that was a very nice looking car.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hatchback. but make a list of pros and cons for yourself before you sell or trade of whatever. the cargo and look of it is all up to you anyways.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HATCH!

the way my school works i haveta move back and forth from michigan to jersey and vice versa every three months. if i had a coupe there would be no way i could fit all my s**t into a coupe. i pack my hatch full

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But they made the CTR in the hatch.. Hatch FTW...
Right, because different countries like different types of cars. You can find sporty five door hatches in Europe, but I don't see anyone arguing for them either.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right, because different countries like different types of cars. You can find sporty five door hatches in Europe, but I don't see anyone arguing for them either.
We have a lot of 5 door hatches in the US market.

Except most of the time they are called wagons or crossover SUVs

Like the Mazda 6 has a sedan, 5 door, and (had) a wagon. The Mazda 3 is a sedan or 5 door. Mazda does not call either a hatchback for some reason.

Kia has the Spectra5 and Rio5. both called "5-doors" not hatchbacks. (and about as much fun to drive as a CR-V with a loose shifter and the parking brake on)

The Hyundai Elantra 5 door is obviously a 5 door hatch. But like Mazda, Hyundai does not call it a hatchback.

The Daewoo-zuki Reno? I don't know what the hell that is. :what: (besides ugly) is it a hatch or wagon? Same goes for Suzuki SX4. The Forenza wagon? obviously a wagon.

Ford did make a Focus ZX5 hatchback and ZXW wagon. Both have been discontinued I think.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not sure if I'd describe most of those are sporty though. Nor do I think most were ever really popular.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hatch looks kinda girly IMO lol Coupe looks more sporty.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats what it comes down to. this is the first time ive heard you actually make sense...

kinda off topic, my friends call me a pussy, but i HATE going the daily grind and trying to take the girl out in my car that can barely get up driveways, super stiff suspension, no AC, no CC, loud as f**k, etc. i would much rather keep my car off the road and daily drive a more comfortable, "luxurious" car, which is why i'm currently in the market for a lexus.

my point is this: driving in 100* heat with no AC or power steering or anything by choice doesnt make you some kind of badass, it makes you a retard.

i swear, some people take pride that they are tough enough to drive the most uncomfortable s**t on the street every day, it makes no sense.
+1

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats what it comes down to. this is the first time ive heard you actually make sense...

kinda off topic, my friends call me a pussy, but i HATE going the daily grind and trying to take the girl out in my car that can barely get up driveways, super stiff suspension, no AC, no CC, loud as f**k, etc. i would much rather keep my car off the road and daily drive a more comfortable, "luxurious" car, which is why i'm currently in the market for a lexus.

my point is this: driving in 100* heat with no AC or power steering or anything by choice doesnt make you some kind of badass, it makes you a retard.

i swear, some people take pride that they are tough enough to drive the most uncomfortable s**t on the street every day, it makes no sense.
it sucks. i have no PS or AC. which is why we normally decide to take her car. the PS thing doesnt bother me, i can turn it easily all day, but as for AC, unless im going a mile down the road, it gets f**king hot in that car. cruising at night tho is fun, with the windows down.