Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

SICLICK

Hi ..Im new here.

I tried to read through all of these but was unable to get through it at the moment.

Im about to buy a 97 Honda Civic Lx (sedan). I noticed there was a small amount of oxidation on the roof. Anyone have a tip on how to remedy that? It is currently not being housed in a garage but when I purchase it - it will be in my garage so that should help.

Im not sure where to ask this question at but I would also like suggestions on how to make it look cooler as well. Like what kind of lips and skirts. Size and type of rims. Its not for racing or anything but Id like to make it look cooler as it is all stock right now. I dont have a huge budget but am I sure I can afford to mod it a little bit. If there is a different thread for this questions please direct me ..thanks.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Its all your personal opinion. No one else on here is driving your car but you. Go into members rides section and look around for a bit, and just pick out what you like.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi ..Im new here.

I tried to read through all of these but was unable to get through it at the moment.

Im about to buy a 97 Honda Civic Lx (sedan). I noticed there was a small amount of oxidation on the roof. Anyone have a tip on how to remedy that? It is currently not being housed in a garage but when I purchase it - it will be in my garage so that should help.

Im not sure where to ask this question at but I would also like suggestions on how to make it look cooler as well. Like what kind of lips and skirts. Size and type of rims. Its not for racing or anything but Id like to make it look cooler as it is all stock right now. I dont have a huge budget but am I sure I can afford to mod it a little bit. If there is a different thread for this questions please direct me ..thanks.
For the oxidation:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4501216_remove-oxidation-from-car.html

Make sure you deduct from the price for the oxidation, though!

Most affordable mods you can do to make your car look better are, DIY Si-style lip, DIY CTR-style headlights, a drop, wheels, and an OEM or OEM-style lip kit.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=74776
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=57767

But really, just take ideas from people on here. Everyone has different ideas on what looks good, so don't take anyone's word absolutely.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't cut that cable. Push the gas pedal to the floor, then pull up on the slack of the cable to move it through the "slit" on the upper portion of the gas pedal.

Another cheap idea is OEM door edge guards. You can still get them paint matched from places such as handa-accessories for about $18 shipped. Cheap, effective and look great to hide all the door edge dings from over the years.
Link/pic?
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext00.html

It's on a prius, but same idea. It REALLY helps to clean up the dinged up door edges and protect future dings. It makes a BIG difference for a SMALL price imo.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's on a prius, but same idea. It REALLY helps to clean up the dinged up door edges and protect future dings. It makes a BIG difference for a SMALL price imo.
Hmm, interesting. I might consider these.

Thanks =)

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
ya deff get them they also got them at pep boys i think 3m makes them and theres enough there for both doors and very cheep n come in black so it matchs basically anything

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Change the fuel filter.

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
Integrated Rear Foglamp. In some of the EDM civic coupes and hatches (not the sedans since they had the MB6) they had an integrated rear foglamp on the newer models of civics (6th gen) where on the coupes the light on the drivers side (what ever side that may be) on the inner taillight mounted on the trunk the brakes only lit up the outer tail lights and the inner ones acted as just tail lights except the rear fog lights up. In the Hatch its the space below the backup/turn lights is where the rear fog is located. And the sedans can hook them up the same way as the coupes.. you simply clip both your inner brake lights and hook one side up to a switch that either hooks to your foglights or a seperate switch that comes on only when you turn it on. On the hatches i dont think there is a bulb opening so you would have to drill your own hole and slip a single filiment bulb and base in there..
I've wanted to do this, but nvr had time to look it up. My SI inner tails light up when i brake though. So i'd have to disable the brake lights on one of the lights to do this mod. Either that, or i tap a hole from the bottom, and mount a red led, and hook that up to a switch.

wasagacivicguy

i relocated my front plate, so i went to the honda dealer and bought bumper plugs to fill the holes where the original bolts would go to mount your front plate
looks 100x cleaner

EKHatch_617

5+ Year Member
nofin is cheap man spend money on your car stop being cheap. if u treat your car good it will treat you good if you treat it bad it will treat you bad. all my cars get royal purple oil. ngk iridium plugs. ngk spark wires. oem dizzy cap and rotor only gd stuff cuz then your car will last. also cheap ebay parts are no gd like always you get what you paid 4. and if ur planning on doin up your car y not go all out my .02

artur1808

EKHatch_617; I think you have misunderstood the purpose of this thread. But correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I have misunderstood it.

I think that this is not about posting how you can do certain mods in a "cheap" manner. Rather, it is about what mods you can do properly, for a small price. This means small things such as an antenna block-off plate, or using high quality lubricants in your engine as opposed to skimping out and buying the "autozone" brand oil because its cheaper.

And on a side note, I'm loving the ideas being posted on here. For a young guy on a budget, such as myself, this thread is great. Let's keep the ideas coming.:popcorn: