5+ Year Member
someone probably already mentioned but changing shifter bushing to polyurethane
you can feel the difference right away
costs less than $10 and only takes like an hour max

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't mess with got traction, he's probably the most knowledgeable and most experienced with turbo Civics on the entire forum.

someone probably already mentioned but changing shifter bushing to polyurethane
you can feel the difference right away
costs less than $10 and only takes like an hour max
Hmm, maybe I should do this. It really feels that much better?

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't mess with got traction, he's probably the most knowledgeable and most experienced with turbo Civics on the entire forum.
Lol naw he's actually going to build me my first turbo setup whenever I get my next car. I'm excited. =)

Hmm, maybe I should do this. It really feels that much better?
I installed this on mine last summer and was impressed with the difference. It's not exactly like the "rifle bolt" feel that some people might report, but it's a damn good improvement over the shaky stock shifter feel. And for the price you really can't beat it.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I installed this on mine last summer and was impressed with the difference. It's not exactly like the "rifle bolt" feel that some people might report, but it's a damn good improvement over the shaky stock shifter feel. And for the price you really can't beat it.
Guess I'll have to do that at some point. That's why I love this thread. ;)

Devon_Leto

Headliner

Hey that's Pretty awesome, Looking to see if you have a DYI on that becasue i have this rip in mine near the rearview mirror thats getting really annoying.

got bored in math class and reread everything and cant believe no one posted redoin headliner :shock:

checkered ftmfw

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey that's Pretty awesome, Looking to see if you have a DYI on that becasue i have this rip in mine near the rearview mirror thats getting really annoying.
Umm Whoops :lol: I only took a few pics of when i had the headliner out. check my build thread for them and i got some other stuff in there too. basically to take the headliner out of a coupe without breakin anything you have to remove the back seats, rear panels, and then all the pillar panels. it sounds like alot but it takes 45 min max the first time you take it apart. me and a friend had his ex taken apart in less than 10 min. just remember to take off the old fabric and "wipe" down the foam beneath the original fabric. wipin down means getting rid of any loose foam that would inhibit the adhesion of the new fabric to the headliner. Cut out fabric the same size as the headliner but give yourself an extra 6 in around the edges. fold fabric in half and spray headliner adhesive to half the headliner board. let the adhesive sit for about a minute and the spread fabric onto that half. spread from the inside out ALWAYS. pull fabric back on the side with no adhesive and repeat that process. make sure to use the headliner adhesive because the other stuff wont hold. yeah i learned the hard way.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ That's a good idea. I've been wanting to redo the fabric on top of my sunroof panel; that stuff has almost turned to dust due to years of UV exposure.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ That's a good idea. I've been wanting to redo the fabric on top of my sunroof panel; that stuff has almost turned to dust due to years of UV exposure.
for the sunroof panel you have to take the whole sunroof assembly out but it aint hard to do. just remember to remove the rubber moulding around the opening and to disconnect the drain pipe (or whatever the correct terminology is for it). oh and if you use a fabric with a design might wanna try to get it to match up on both the sunroof panel and the headliner panel. just to give you an estimate on how cheap it is to do this i was able to get 2 yards of fabric, and a can of headliner spray (its good for 2-3 headliners) for roughly 20 bucks. walmart has a large variety of crazy fabrics but hobby lobby has some good ones too for cheap. Hancock fabric has very sturdy fabric but the walmart stuff works a bit better for the headliner since its easier to mould to the shape of the headliner.

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cheap things... go to your local junkyard/chop shop and look for civic spare parts n interior pieces, u can end up finding a lot of useful stuff, for free...well sometimes...
i think i'm gonna start a "What i found at the chop shop..." thread, just to give u guys a look at the local (Malaysian) chop shop/jdm/scene...
i've found cusco strut bars, floor mats, misc parts u woul'dnt believe, half the time they're just throwing em out...

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^

D16racer, thanks for the tips and pricing.

Cheeseneck, *that* would be an interesting read.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No problem. another cheap mod: check your fluids. sounds retarted but its true. My engine just blew up from lack of oil (i think) since it has bad oil pan gasket and bad dizzy gasket. just finished towin it home. Gettin a d16y8 (upgrade from y7) for 150 tommorrow though so no biggy

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok. another cheap thing. short shifter and energy suspension shifter bushings. its cheap and makes a HUGE difference. i got the B&M with no bend and i love it. Idk if anyone mentioned this before me and i dont feel like going back to check. I think in the end i got the shifter used for 20 bucks and the bushings new for around 20

do2mind

What size?

if your ging to cut the short shifter spend the 15 for a die and thread the damn thing, or take it to your local machine shop and have them do it. otherwise its just an accident waiting to happen.
What size die would that be?

And how do I get my stock shifter knob off? I'm guessing it doesn't just screw off, 'cuz I put some pretty good torque on it, and it didn't budge in the slightest.

Thanks!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do2mind. use your muscles big boy. it twist right off. and twist it to the left lol

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What size die would that be?

And how do I get my stock shifter knob off? I'm guessing it doesn't just screw off, 'cuz I put some pretty good torque on it, and it didn't budge in the slightest.

Thanks!
Adjustable pliers if you dont plan on reusing it ;) remember: lefty loosey, righty tighty

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is another. Paint the inside of your wheel wells with black paint. i used gloss. it will actually make a difference.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is another. Paint the inside of your wheel wells with black paint. i used gloss. it will actually make a difference.
wheel well you mean on the wheel or rim itself?
could you post pics please?