matt96ex's Project: CX Hatchback

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats awesome those tires look really nice. I think I'm gonna go cheap on tires with my koseis and put some 205/50 dunlop direzzas on them.

EJ6_COUPE

another update! got the plate and registration!
took her out to get some gas and drove around for a bit. only bad news is she smokes...kind of alot. :sad:
might look into a factory rebuild kit or maybe just f**k it and save up for a itr long block?! (-;
congrats on the new wheels and thats its finally registered lol
sucks shes smoking tho...n e idea on what it might be??
and ITR longblock FTW :cool:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I always get excited when I see this thread pop up in my subscribed threads.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats awesome those tires look really nice. I think I'm gonna go cheap on tires with my koseis and put some 205/50 dunlop direzzas on them.
I was gonna go with the direzza star specs, until i read the reviews on the bridgestones and saw the price also. i definatly think bridgestone>dunlop. the re-11's are only $98, and my buddy just told me if you buy them in april you get a $100 gift card or rebate. do it!
congrats on the new wheels and thats its finally registered lol
sucks shes smoking tho...n e idea on what it might be??
and ITR longblock FTW :cool:
thanks dude. i was trying to hold back my smile when the lady at the notary pulled my plate out. i didnt want to look like a retard hahha. i was too excited! I think the burning oil is either the valve seals or the piston rings. if i remember correctly. if it doesn't smoke when it starts up, then it usually means its the rings? i gotta look into it more again.
I always get excited when I see this thread pop up in my subscribed threads.
lollll haha thanks man. :D

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the heads up on the rebate, I'll most likely get the re-11s now. Tell me how you like them when you get them mounted up :thumbup:

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the heads up on the rebate, I'll most likely get the re-11s now. Tell me how you like them when you get them mounted up :thumbup:
word s0n! cool thing about tirerack is if you buy wheels and tires, they will mount and balance at no extra charge! and i was also scrambling to buy lugs this past week too and it showed on my receipt you get a set of free lug nuts! :thumbup: to tire rack

EJ6_COUPE

thanks dude. i was trying to hold back my smile when the lady at the notary pulled my plate out. i didnt want to look like a retard hahha. i was too excited! I think the burning oil is either the valve seals or the piston rings. if i remember correctly. if it doesn't smoke when it starts up, then it usually means its the rings? i gotta look into it more again.
dam idk how to answer tht my mechanic skillz arent up there yet lol
but i do noe and have heard if your smoking blue its your piston rod or sumfin with the pistons
my buddys car would smoke blue all the time then 1 day his piston rod came out the front of the block and made a hole in the back of the block and the oil pan crazy stuff but im telling you this so you get it checkd out and you dnt mess up your engine

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dam idk how to answer tht my mechanic skillz arent up there yet lol
but i do noe and have heard if your smoking blue its your piston rod or sumfin with the pistons
my buddys car would smoke blue all the time then 1 day his piston rod came out the front of the block and made a hole in the back of the block and the oil pan crazy stuff but im telling you this so you get it checkd out and you dnt mess up your engine
yea i know man. oddly enough i work at the honda dealership so i have plenty of experienced guys to ask. ive been working there for 3 years, but only as a tech for little over a year so im still new to stuff as well. hopefully my block wont explode like your buddys. if so, then oh well, b18c upgrade! ;)

thedb63

5+ Year Member
hey spent over an hour reading your 18 page build and im glad i got to actually see it last night looks awsome i cant wait to see your car with the kosies sp* keep up the good work

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey spent over an hour reading your 18 page build and im glad i got to actually see it last night looks awsome i cant wait to see your car with the kosies sp* keep up the good work
haha thanks dan. had a good time last night. can't wait for the wheels either!

EJ6_COUPE

yea i know man. oddly enough i work at the honda dealership so i have plenty of experienced guys to ask. ive been working there for 3 years, but only as a tech for little over a year so im still new to stuff as well. hopefully my block wont explode like your buddys. if so, then oh well, b18c upgrade! ;)
o thts good you work at the dealership n now gettin g xperince im hopefully gonna start skewl in end of this year at UTI here in florida so ill be getting better on my mechanic skills =)
just outta curiosity if anything happens to the block(GOD forbid) would you just buy the b18c or would you go ls or b20vtec?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great build, love the seats.
thanks dude. i love the seats as well!

o thts good you work at the dealership n now gettin g xperince im hopefully gonna start skewl in end of this year at UTI here in florida so ill be getting better on my mechanic skills =)
just outta curiosity if anything happens to the block(GOD forbid) would you just buy the b18c or would you go ls or b20vtec?
nice good luck with school. well i've always wanted just a plain type-r motor swap so id probably just do that.
well more like a nice type-r long block and probably ball up and buy a new type r tranny. id really like a type r tranny soon.

but...
big day today. got a new windshield installed and my wheels and tires came in.

i love them! my rays lugs will be here thursday so those chrome lugs will be gone. not sure whats next i really want to get my sway bars on but that involves buying the front lower arms and the asr brace and bar for the rear end. decided im just going to wetsand the car a bit more, touch up some rough spots and buff it and leave it go for this year. i dont want to car to be down for a month or two, i just want to drive it!
what do you guys think?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks sexy man, what size tires? The 205 50 potenzas are backordered till the 14th but I think I'm gonna get a set. :cool:

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those wheels look sick on your car :thumbs up
thanks. took me a minute to get used to the lower offset but i love them now. haven't hit any corners yet since i need an axle but thinking i might have to roll the rear fenders.
Looks sexy man, what size tires? The 205 50 potenzas are backordered till the 14th but I think I'm gonna get a set. :cool:
yes these are 205/50's. i have to get a pic from the rear, they look MASSIVE! doesn't look like they belong on a civic lol! i like them so far. i aligned my car the best i could, but the bushings in the rear are fudgeddd and there are energy suspension RTA bushings which i think is messing with my toe alignment. f&^*king gay bushings! thinking about doing a complete suspension bushing overhaul.
looking good matt
:thumbup:
Looking good...:thumbs up
thanks mang