XpL0d3r's Build.. Rice to Swapped to Boooost ;)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
P.S. I'm thinkin of upgrading to http://www.clubcivic.com/store/skunk2-pro-s-ii-coilovers-541-05-4720_p886.html
But thoughs are about the same price, so let me know how they work for ya.
I love the Tein's, muuuuch better than the eGay ones I had lol.

So... some good and bad news :oops:

Visited Szady a couple ours away today, to swap in some ARP head studs and a new MLS head gasket... Everything went perfect for the most part...

ARP studs ready to go in:

VC off

Head off

Cooolant

Studs & HG on

Got her all bolted up, went to start, and no compression. at all.. somehow timing was off by 90* -____-

Fixed it, started up fine.. but loud clanking noise like something fell into the lower timing cover. Pulled the crank and the cover off, found nothing.. but we put it all back together and the noise was just gone... whatever.

Test drove, runs greatt!

Now coming home from Sady's, I have about a 250 mile trip. We get 70 miles into it, and tire makes a weird noise.. like something got kicked up inside my wheelwell.. Kept driving a bit to see if was going to just go away, since we stopped and couldnt see anything wrong.

About 100 yards from getting on teh highway:

I start seeing my wheel leave me... it just yarred off across 4 lanes of traffic and into a swamp.. while my car is sliding to a stop with one rotor dragging on the ground. This was my bad... my dumbass forgot to tighten the lug nuts more after we lowered the car off the jack stand. Soo they (all) vibrated loose, and the tire took off.

Managed to find the tire and get out of the swap. Called AAA and asked for a flat bed.. they came, with no flat bed. Guy helped me jack up the car and surprisingly NO rotor damage at all. Put the tire on and took one lug from each of the other three tires. Test drove her... she ran fine :shock:

Got her all the way home back 180 miles or so... IACV also fell off (whoops again) and actually kept my car at perfect throttle on the highway where I could take my foot off the gas and keep going (I have no cruise control).. got it bolted back up, one bolt lost but one stayed...

Gotta get a new fender, and part of my hood is bent. Going to get her looked at also just incase..

... new HG and ARP studs are sweet though... :thumbs up haha

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jesus. :lol: Glad everything is alright.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t, similar thing happened to me after my swap, my dumbass forgot to tighten the caliper all the way back on so the top bolt fell off and it was dragging and bouncing around but I couldn't tell what it was (back when I had stealies) But damn s**t came apart on the freeway for you, that's insane, glad you and the car are ok.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow that's a crazy trip you took for sure, glad your ok & the damage isn't too bad.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Wow that could have been A LOT worse then how it turned out. Glad your ok and the damage is minimal. And remember- a torque wrench is your friend ;)

krooked32

damn lucky guy right there haha. glad it didnt go worse than it did. loving the build man, making me want to trade my coupe for a sedan -___- lol.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad everything is alright man, could've been worse...:what:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah good thing it wasnt worse! could of damaged your brand new coils

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad the car and yourself are okay! x2 on getting everything looked over! thats always a good idea! better safe than sorry even after your already sorry you didnt tighten them down..

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys, and yeah definitely could have been much worse. Glad I wasn't on the highway doing 75 when it came off....

Drove the car around today a bit, as I need it for work. Braked hard a couple times to see if I could feel anything odd since the rotor was dragged... felt a little funny but could be me being paranoid. Haven't gotten it looked at yet, but should have the bike on the road tonight finally, so will be getting her looked at hopefully tomorrow.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good news, got Dirty Gerty inspected... she's perfectly ok minus the cosmetic damage!

Anyone got a 96-98 fender ? :lol: