1997 DX hatch

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I put in some work on my day off of school.

I started to put everything back on the engine.

I found a solution to my missing hose attachment.

I also purchased some nylon washers to close the gaps on the fuel rail. The only ones with the correct inner diameter were way to big so i had to sand them down some.

I swapped out the no name adjustable cam gears with some OEM ones. I have to order new plastic for around the timing belt before I put it back on. I tried to put the distributor on today, but the screw that holds the rotor in place was stripped so I need to figure out a way to remove it.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I finally found some rubber O-rings to fix my gap with the injectors, that nylon wasn't going to work.

I got the screw out of the distributor so I was able to get that on. I also decided it was time to put the valve cover on.

Nice little detail shot.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking fresh!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man I so temped to get a engine stand so I have a reason to buy a engine

GTXter

rice is good !

Beautiful thread - very helpful! I've had a 97 Civic DX Hatch since 2000 and now have about 200,000 miles on it. I was getting an almost 100% consistent 40mpg but since moving from Denver to SD the crappy gas quality has destroyed my mileage. I put in a new CV, clutch, New Paint, cool wheels and just today a header and new 2.5" exhaust($185) but will soon rebuild with a turbo tuned for gas mileage expecting about 50mpg with over 250hp, we have the technology - always did.

- THANKS for the cool build-up info

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking fresh!
Gorgeous!
fresh as f*ck
Thanks guys!

Nice man I so temped to get a engine stand so I have a reason to buy a engine
Haha it gets expense man, but hopefully the final product is worth it.

Beautiful thread - very helpful! I've had a 97 Civic DX Hatch since 2000 and now have about 200,000 miles on it. I was getting an almost 100% consistent 40mpg but since moving from Denver to SD the crappy gas quality has destroyed my mileage. I put in a new CV, clutch, New Paint, cool wheels and just today a header and new 2.5" exhaust($185) but will soon rebuild with a turbo tuned for gas mileage expecting about 50mpg with over 250hp, we have the technology - always did.

Sure thing man. Interested to see that turbo set-up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Lol crappy gas quality.....I bet that elevation has nothing to do with the gas mileage

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow! Your longblock is SO clean. Making me even more excited to clean mine =)

Building the internals at all?
(Sorry if you've mentioned this already. :oops:)

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow! Your longblock is SO clean. Making me even more excited to clean mine =)

Building the internals at all?
(Sorry if you've mentioned this already. :oops:)
Thanks! It is definitely worth the time to clean it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. As right now, I'm not going to build the internals at all due to $$$, time, and I need this to be my daily.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
i was just quoted by a shop near me 110 for header back, 2.5 all the way? but im also bringing my own muffler
So the quote is just for the mid-pipe, or includes the header too? I understood the OP as saying he got the header and piping for 185. Not a big deal tho.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been working on the wiring some. I de-loomed the OEM harness and I'm rerouting all the wires the way I want them to go. My heat shrink and wire wrap shipped and should arrive later this week.

I also picked up an S2K clutch master spacer, because I plan to swap mine out eventually.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the quote is just for the mid-pipe, or includes the header too? I understood the OP as saying he got the header and piping for 185. Not a big deal tho.
hmm idk, but even still. 185 header back can be done. what it cost me about

I've been working on the wiring some. I de-loomed the OEM harness and I'm rerouting all the wires the way I want them to go. My heat shrink and wire wrap shipped and should arrive later this week.

I also picked up an S2K clutch master spacer, because I plan to swap mine out eventually.

ah i wish i had time to do this when i did my swap. instead i just unloomed some of it. i need to cut a hole to run it under the heater core now.

you need a spacer to run a s2k master cylinder? hmm didnt know that

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah i wish i had time to do this when i did my swap. instead i just unloomed some of it. i need to cut a hole to run it under the heater core now.

you need a spacer to run a s2k master cylinder? hmm didnt know that
Yeah, I'm hoping the harness turns out decent.

The main piston on the S2K clutch master is too long. It can either be re-threaded or a spacer can be used to create a larger gap between the pedal.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I'm hoping the harness turns out decent.

The main piston on the S2K clutch master is too long. It can either be re-threaded or a spacer can be used to create a larger gap between the pedal.
oh yeah, i completely forgot that. good call. one more thing to buy fml