The Relationship Thread

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awwwww you guys are so cute when you talk all mushy.

I'm not mocking btw :lol:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pump the brakes! garry too fast buddy tooooooooo fast!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly what I was thinking. Too fast on EVERYTHING. Reminds me of a high school BF and GF.
I'm happy for Gary, but me and my girl of five years now even waited for six months before saying "I love you". In high school. :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now that I'm home. This Memorial Day weekend I packed up and headed for Houston for a car show (all team bash). I took the scenic route to pick I've been talking to since October I've had feelings for the girl for some time but have tried not to let it get too serious because she lives 300 miles away. After spending the weekend with her I've just fallen head over heels for her. It was perfect. I enjoyed every second that I was with her I haven't ever been with a girl that has made me feel this good. Best part is..we didn't hook up which was fantastic because I've said on here before that I wouldn't date a girl that's that easy. I was literately in tears after I had to leave her this weekend, Because I'm not for sure when the next time ill see her is (I'm not one to get this emotional over women)We've played with the idea of her moving up here and staying with me which after this weekend I must say that seeing her every day would make me extremely happy.

It's just crazy because I don't get this way towards any girl I've ever been with. I'm hoping everything goes right in the next couple of weeks and she's able to move up here with me.

Sent from your moms house.
I remember that feeling man. Take it slow, as hard as it is! It will be worth it in the long run. Communicate, and you'll be just fine!

I'm happy for Gary, but me and my girl of five years now even waited for six months before saying "I love you". In high school. :O

I had commitment issues, and didn't tell my ex I loved her for like a year and a half. Even then, it was really.. weird. I absolutely loved her, without a doubt, but it was hard to say it. Ex fiance really did a number on my trust/commitment...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

We waited only a month, BUT....we have known each other for 8 years. Our case is a little different. moved in at 6 months and even then it was a bit too soon.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My boy and I waited four months :what:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As far as I'm concerned, it's all circumstantial. What works for some people, may not work for others and vice versa. Everyone is different. Some people work best rushing into things.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I felt four months was too soon, but I couldn't help but feel that way about him.

And he said it first =)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My boy and I waited four months :what:
That's not bad. My old roomie waited 6 months, and never heard it back until 1 month prior their 2 year anniversary. 1 week before the anniversary she dumped him.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ouch. I'd be furious.
While I didn't agree about the time frame, she was valid in her reason.
He wouldn't stop doing drugs, and she's never done them and didn't want them in her life. His dream was to move to CO, and have his own pot farm and make his own beer, yet he works for Wells Fargo. Not exactly great goals when in a serious relationship.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
While I didn't agree about the time frame, she was valid in her reason.
He wouldn't stop doing drugs, and she's never done them and didn't want them in her life. His dream was to move to CO, and have his own pot farm and make his own beer, yet he works for Wells Fargo. Not exactly great goals when in a serious relationship.
Yeah.. they sounded incompatible right off the bat.
I can't stand drugs. I can't date someone who smokes even recreationally. My biological father was a huge junkie and alcoholic.. just can't deal with it.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah.. they sounded incompatible right off the bat.
I can't stand drugs. I can't date someone who smokes even recreationally. My biological father was a huge junkie and alcoholic.. just can't deal with it.
Yea I never understood them. She's very artistic, somewhat whimsacle. Very independent, yet jealous, and a bit naive too, but wants a family and no one in her family does drugs.

He's from a hypocritical religious (har har) family, both parents are ministers. He did very well in school, yet does drugs and works in Accounting for Wells Fargo. Plus they looked horrible together! lol Think of Robert Pattinson(twilight vampire). I s**t you not he looked like him. barrrf!

I too was around drugs growing up, and no thanks. Not for me. Even smoking cigs is a deal breaker for me. yuck.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I made mine quit before we dated :lol:
I won't change someone; they need to change to better themselves, and make sure it's for themselves. Exception: when a couple is making changes together to better things.

I'm seriously so repulsed by people who smoke. A guy could be hot as hell, and we click in every way. As soon as I find out, or see him light up, done. No saving himself. I walk away with no regrets.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I won't change someone; they need to change to better themselves, and make sure it's for themselves. Exception: when a couple is making changes together to better things.

I'm seriously so repulsed by people who smoke. A guy could be hot as hell, and we click in every way. As soon as I find out, or see him light up, done. No saving himself. I walk away with no regrets.
It's gross. I mean, I do have cigars with him on occasion. But I'm phasing out of that slowly.. it's gross.

I didn't make him quit, before we even went out or anything I just told him "by the way, I don't date smokers." So that was up to him.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I never understood them. She's very artistic, somewhat whimsacle. Very independent, yet jealous, and a bit naive too, but wants a family and no one in her family does drugs.

He's from a hypocritical religious (har har) family, both parents are ministers. He did very well in school, yet does drugs and works in Accounting for Wells Fargo. Plus they looked horrible together! lol Think of Robert Pattinson(twilight vampire). I s*** you not he looked like him. barrrf!

I too was around drugs growing up, and no thanks. Not for me. Even smoking cigs is a deal breaker for me. yuck.
Ew haha. Sounds like a douche to me! I'm the same, I won't date a smoker either. I hate the smell of cigarettes with a passion. I do, on occasion, smoke hookah, though.

It's gross. I mean, I do have cigars with him on occasion. But I'm phasing out of that slowly.. it's gross.

I didn't make him quit, before we even went out or anything I just told him "by the way, I don't date smokers." So that was up to him.
Nothing wrong with a cigar rarely, or hookah occasionally. It's when it's an unbreakable habit, or when it affects daily life (such as smelling like a box of smashed assholes and cigarettes, yellowed teeth, smoker's cough etc.) that I have to draw the line. Cigarettes in general are a no-go, though.