1997 DX hatch

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update time!

I installed the rear shocks and springs this week.

I'm still looking for this part to install the fronts if anyone has it...

Even though I couldn't install the front shocks and springs just yet, I still installed the FLCAs.

I found an awesome deal on craigslist for some 10.3" front brakes. The only part of this that will eventually make its way onto the car is the knuckle. The calipers will be swapped out for integra units and I'll replace the discs and pads. That will be next summer though as they won't fit in the stock steelies.

I started to remove the paint from the transmission and thoroughly clean it in preparation for the new long block. About 5 hours in and 2/3 of the way done.

Look at this mess...

Also replaced my dad's brakes for him.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin good Reed!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up...

doosua

5+ Year Member
Car looks awesome man. You still planning on getting that long block you were talking about? And you painting the trans again?

Reed, Im trying to PM you but your box is full. If you're interested, i have those two pieces for the front strut.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man. What car are those brakes off? Gsr calipers will clear 14" Steelies, and Gsr disc are also 10.3"

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car looks awesome man. You still planning on getting that long block you were talking about? And you painting the trans again?

Reed, Im trying to PM you but your box is full. If you're interested, i have those two pieces for the front strut.
Hes still interested lol. He has a problem of not cleaning out his inbox.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man. What car are those brakes off? Gsr calipers will clear 14" Steelies, and Gsr disc are also 10.3"
Those look like civic ex front brakes from 96-00, could be wrong.. But all civic ex, si, and all integra trims with the exception of the type R, have 10.3" front brakes.
Integra calipers are slightly stronger with a dual piston caliper while the civic sports a single.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
integra calipers (minus the type R's) are just the same as the ex/si calipers except with a tiny bit larger piston size. :what: I don't see a point in swapping the caliper just for that unless these calipers need to be replaced.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Thanks man! I have the cash. I'm just waiting to purchase the long block. I won't be painting the trans again. It's not great for a daily driver.

Cleaned out message box. Thanks for the offer, but I have already found some. That means I'll be able to install the fronts soon and get this thing back on the ground!

Loving it.
:cool:

The brakes are from a 98 EX. I put the hubs in my steelie and tried to spin it. I heard some rubbing. It could be solved by grinding the calipers, but they need a lot of other work before going on and I want to upgrade my MC before the installation. Next summer I'll be buying rims and installing my brake/sway bar parts I have in storage.

integra calipers (minus the type R's) are just the same as the ex/si calipers except with a tiny bit larger piston size. :what: I don't see a point in swapping the caliper just for that unless these calipers need to be replaced.
Calipers will be replaced. I really just bought this for the EX/Si knuckle. When I mentioned swapping out the calipers for Integra ones early I forgot to mention (intentionally) that they will be ITR calipers going on with mini cooper discs. I'll also be getting a more aggressive pad and stainless steel braided lines. All in time of course.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if using the minicooper discs anyway, why type R calipers instead of the 2 piston Legend calipers?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would the caliper braket for itr calipers be bolt on and legend require modification? Shot in the dark...

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when using the Prelude rotors, etc, had to modify the brackets. endo617 used Legend calipers and cooper s rotors. stated didn't have to modify them (granted I haven't done this myself)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha oh yeah that's right, they are all single piston, the itr being largest, and regular dc2 being a few mm larger than civic vtec. The legend calipers are dual piston... My Bad homes lol :roll: