1997 DX hatch

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Should have told Steve that Kerry sent you. You'll be happy with the longblock for sure. Be ready to unwrap a beehive when it arrives.
That's what I'm going to do lol

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, glad to see you went with hmotors.
Thanks man! Me too. I'm stoked.

Hell ya dude! Thats good news! Always better to buck up and pay the little extra imo.
I completely agree. At the end of the day, it's what I do for fun. I don't see the point in cheaping out. If I wanted to save money, I wouldn't be modifying the car in the first place.

Should have told Steve that Kerry sent you. You'll be happy with the longblock for sure. Be ready to unwrap a beehive when it arrives.
Lol I should have mentioned you. He seems like a really great guy. He was giving me all sorts of tips on maintaining the engine and completing the swap when it arrives.

Awesome man, I'm so happy your car will finally be in one peice again!

Thanks dude! I'm so excited to get it!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I called Hmotorsonline on the drive home and they weren't open yet. Later that day, Steve calls me back (keep in mind, I didn't even leave a message) to ask what I called for.
Damn. That's going the extra mile, lmo. One day im going to order an engine from this guy.

And as for that B16, Nice choice of engine :thumbup:

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn. That's going the extra mile, lmo. One day im going to order an engine from this guy.

And as for that B16, Nice choice of engine :thumbup:
Definitely. He had me sold when he called me back. I highly recommend them.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks fellas. No pictures for another two weeks though...

I do have an update coming tomorrow though!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mmmmm fresh Honda parts

Can't be having that rusty hardware...

Much better.

I installed a new OEM fuel filter and mocked up my fuel pressure gauge.

Since I have EM1 front lower control arms, I needed longer bolts for the shock forks.

A pic of the front suspension because I don't think I've posted one lately.

I started to do the washer trick to adjust the rear camber and the first side went fine, but the threads got messed up somehow on the second side.

It wasn't from me incorrectly threading the bolt on installation either. I just pulled it out and the threads were messed up. I wonder if it was cross threaded from the factory as I've never removed this bolt before.

Lastly, I finished cleaning my transmission and put it all together with new hardware.

I also disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and reassembled my starter.

Starter installed.

I spent about 6 hours today working on the wiring harness. Still a lot to do, but its coming along.

My axles are coming on Tuesday. I'm going to order the stuff I need for exhaust and wiring this week and that should be the majority of the stuff I need to complete the swap.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
another nice update. whats the plate for on the front of the tranny? solid torque mount?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks great Reed!
New hardware ftw
another nice update. whats the plate for on the front of the tranny? solid torque mount?
That looks awesome man, really great job.
Keep it up Reed! How much suspense is built up right now from waiting? Haha!
Amazing man.
Thanks guys!

The plate on the trans is the torque mount that comes with the AEM hybrid intake system to make room for the intake pipe.

I cannot wait for the engine to come haha. I'm trying to get everything else done so I'm ready for it when it arrives.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mid week update!

My machinist neighbor saved the day and brought home a tap so I could fix the threads and finish shimming the rear suspension.

Some before and after shots. It may be hard to tell the difference, but there is much less static negative camber now.

My axles also came in yesterday. Raxles OEM replacement. I highly recommend ordering through them. Great customer service and a high quality product.