'00 EBP EM1 - Newest project

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, as some of you may know, the hatch is gone and I got a new project. I like coupes much more than hatchbacks, and I really wanted an EBP si, so, I searched and found one :thumbup:

So here it is:

It was super dirty when I got it, so I did some cleaning and buffing, and it was a world of a difference.
Before

After

Some random pictures of the car:

The LS/VTEC never ran right, and it ended up loosing compression two cylinders. The guy was using the wrong headgasket, wasn't torqued properly and the valve guide seals were gone. He gave me an additional JDM B16A with tranny along with the car, so I'm currently in the process of swapping heads, using a cometic head gasket, ARP headstuds, Golden Eagle dowels and oil plug, etc.
The B16A

I'll get some more recent pics up soon, but the GSR head is off, and were doing a semi wiretuck.

So anywho, I hope you all approve! C&C are welcome.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good :thumbup:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like the choice you made, really feeling this car !

I thought that looked like a gsr intake mani and sure enough it was, that cosmetic headgasket will bump your compression up a little bit, right? what are your overall goals for this car?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good man. What are the plans for this one?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the choice you made, really feeling this car !

I thought that looked like a gsr intake mani and sure enough it was, that cosmetic headgasket will bump your compression up a little bit, right? what are your overall goals for this car?
Thanks a lot man! And yeah, it was a GSR mani, but since I'm swappin in the B16A head, I won't have to run it anymore haha.
And yeah, you can choose the thickness of the cometic gasket, I chose .030, so we'll see what happens. You can go all the way up to .060 +..which will lower your compression.
Goals are simple, tasteful OEM mods, nothing crazy like my hatch, and mainly focus on suspension and interior :thumbup:

Looking good man. What are the plans for this one?
Thanks man! Well I just said what my basic plans are, but so far heres some stuff I bought for it:
Carbon spoon mirrors (will probably go with power folding in the future)
HOP window visors
kevlar intake
kevlar plug cover
license plate caps

But thats it so far, I'll take build slowly =)

:shock: my god that thing is beautiful..still liked your hatch tho..nice pick up dood
Haha thanks a lot man! I liked the hatch too, but I love coupe body styles more :P

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sure are whoring out the koseis eh?
time for new wheels?
lol

looks like a nice em1 greyson..

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gorgeous car, i wish i still had a garage to work on mine in

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sure are whoring out the koseis eh?
time for new wheels?
lol

looks like a nice em1 greyson..
Haha, yeah I am. Been on my last 3 cars. I need new wheels but the funds are hurting at the moment.
But thanks man!

gorgeous car, i wish i still had a garage to work on mine in
Thanks man, it definitely comes in handy in colorado winter months, haha.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've been waiting for this thread! looks really nice man! what other mods are done to it?

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice pick up dude.... ive always loved coupes. GL with the build

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man...Seriously makes me wanna move outside of california...shits just too expensive here and the emission laws....just kills it haha.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was it in a collision? The core support looks bent up

You just set the bar of what I want mine to look like.. thats sick dude, what suspension do you have on it?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been waiting for this for awhile now. Looks very good.
Keep it up brah.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've been waiting for this thread! looks really nice man! what other mods are done to it?
Haha thanks man! Basically just Omni Power suspension, random motor mods (intake header, 2.5" exhaust) just random stuff like that. But thats fine with me, I like a fresh start!

nice pick up dude.... ive always loved coupes. GL with the build
Thanks a lot man!

Man...Seriously makes me wanna move outside of california...shits just too expensive here and the emission laws....just kills it haha.
Haha, I grew up in CA, I miss it, but then again our cheaper rates and no emissions are awesome =)

Was it in a collision? The core support looks bent up

You just set the bar of what I want mine to look like.. thats sick dude, what suspension do you have on it?
Yeah the title was clean, but the front end was obviously smashed, he did have it pretty low when I got it, I raised it up. And also the drivers rear quarter has been repainted so it was obviously in a fender bender and was fixed not with insurance companies haha.
And thanks man, much appreciated. It has the Omni Power full adjustable coilovers, and stock everything else. haha

I've been waiting for this for awhile now. Looks very good.
Keep it up brah.
Thanks a lot man! I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the progress.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everything just fits on that car. very very rare I see one that looks that good.. mad props mang

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks a lot man, much appreciated :thumbup:
I can't wait till I get all my other stuff in, hopefully it will look better!