'00 EBP EM1 - Newest project

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good man...I look forward to more updates. I know you will make this thing sick. Only thing I dont like is the Kosei's...just dont look right on a coupe, but thats just my 2 cents. Have fun with it :thumbup:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
white rims!! i have a picture somewhere of a EBP civic with white rims!! slammed!! ill find it and post it

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the purple will look good if you took some simple green to that engine bay! cant wait til you get to drive it then start worrying about the little things like cleaning every crack and crevis! thee amount of time we put under the hoods of our cars is amazing!
Yeah once everythings done this motor is going to the pressure washer, then stayin in the garage for a full simple green clean haha. And yeah I hear ya on the amount of hours...it's never ending!

Nice, I thought about getting a purple rad stay as well but wasn't sure if it'll look too good.
Looking good man!
Yeah I think it looks good. I need a kevlar cooling plate to go with it though hehe.
Thanks man.

pwjdm washers??? SICK !!
Yessir :thumbup:

looking good man...I look forward to more updates. I know you will make this thing sick. Only thing I dont like is the Kosei's...just dont look right on a coupe, but thats just my 2 cents. Have fun with it :thumbup:
Thanks a lot man, I hope the car does come out well! And yeah I will be getting new wheels, I'm pretty tired of the Kosei's.

white rims!! i have a picture somewhere of a EBP civic with white rims!! slammed!! ill find it and post it
White on EBP does look good for sure! My friend has a set of bronze SSR's with a fat polished lip he wants to trade for the Kosei's, so I'll check them out in person and keep you all updated. If I get them, I'll see what color I want to powder coat them...or maybe a full polish would look great too on EBP.

But some bad news..I got everything done yesterday, and still the same problem. cylinders 3 and 4 have no compression. They both jumped to about 90 then shot back down to 0. I'm going to check valve clearance first to make sure it isn't just a coincidence, and if they're right on, I will be tearing the motor apart again, and replacing the rings and bearings (rings are the last thing it has to be) so I bought Hastings Rings and ACL bearings yesterday, they've been shipped so they will be here soon.

Heres some pictures from yesterday
Got these in...basically brand new OE visors I got for 90$ shipped

Installed

My buddy who's helped me through this whole headache..and is going to come over again today to start rippin s**t apart..haha.

And basically the "finished" product. It's only gonna look like this for a few more hours lol.

My Russell Clutch line hiding

Purple washers O_o

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good bro so far...suck about the issues with the engine

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry for off topic but those window visors are sick as hell..i have a 2000 as well...where in the heck can i find them that cheap like you did..unless your willing to sell them for 100 shipped to me

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just searched Ebay and found a pair for sale. I was the only person who bid on them, so I won them at a cheap price. Just search Ebay, and no these ones are staying on my car ;)

And thanks Angel, it does suck but I'll get it all figured out!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did find markings on the cylinder walls...there's no groove in them though. But these markings are only on the two bad cylinders. Who knows, maybe new rings and a nice hone will take care of it?

Pistons look perfectly fine to me...Rings were also in good shape

I did find this gem though...a HUGE score right down the middle of cyl. 1's rod cap bearing. Funny thing is, the crank is perfectly fine. Don't tell me the previous owner re-used the bearings when he rebuilt the motor lol?

So, I ordered Hastings rings and ACL bearings which came in yesterday, and the block and head will be put back together today. I will take pictures of the progress

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Both came from PR, and I got them in like...three days. Fastest PR shipping I've ever seen :shock:

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
last i heard he traded it for a sr powered 240sx :(

j/k need some updates greyson

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry fellas, my internet has been down forever, and now that it's up its super slow! It's like I'm using 56K again...HORRIBLE!!!

Well, as I was putting on the ACL LS bearings, I torqued them down, yet the rod and cap still wiggled around the crank. So I was stumped...did some research and shortly after found out it was a freaking GSR crank...so, I had to source some GSR ACL bearings, luckily some guy locally had some for sale brand new for 30$, so it was pretty neat.

Anyways, rebuilt the block, and fired right up. But guess what? Still no compression in cylinders 3 and 4...(the guy who built it) didn't follow the correct sequence while torquing down the head, which caused it to warp the face of the block. (at least those are my assumptions..they make sense to me)

I was so pissed off I almost sold it lol...then I came to my senses, tried to find another LS block, but couldn't. So, I'm just going to rebuild the JDM B16A block, and run that. It will be slower and have a lot less torque, but the higher compression will be fun. I'll be pulling out the LS/VTEC this week and snap some pictures.

Pictures:

Right after we finished it, adding on all the goodies

And random photo's of both my cars..00 EM1 and 00 EJ7 (daily)

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that is gotta be frustating. glad you are sticking with it

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good man and good luck with the engine problem

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I wanted to give up but then again I want this car, haha.
I'm having my friend chip my P28 and were going to delete some things and probably re-tune a little after I get it running to have peak performance, along with better gas mileage. haha

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replied! I ordered the bearings for the B16A block, but I'm going to take a small break and get my VSM coupe running a little better. I ordered new KYB shocks and GC extended top hats. I cant stand blown shocks on ebay coilovers anymore! hahaha

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how do u drive both cars at the same time?