00-fbp-em1

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahh ok. that makes me want one now lol. cars lookin good man. sucks with the cold weather tho.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol well idk how much good it will do with the actuall towing part that low, but i guess thats a good idea. depending how ya look at it.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
It does better for towing where I mounted it. In my opinion. I'd rather have mine down beside my factory tow hook rather than mounted to the bumper brace.. Just my $.02... Lets just hope we never have to use them.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true, it just seems like an extremely low tow point since a factory ciivics two hook is a bit higher

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am still so so on tow hooks... My redneck buddy says that the day I put a tow hook on my car he is going to hook his lifted Diesel to it and tow it around as a toy.... The scary part is I think he might actually do it so none for me lol...

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
My hook is exactly the same height as the factory one, only thing different is the car is lowered. So once again, you can tow from where it was intended to tow from, or from your bumper support if you mount it like everybody else does..

And as far as your buddies and there diesel trucks are concerned, well I'll say this about mine, I've got a buddy, his name is stag, he's 15. And I'm sure he would love to fill a truck with some 5.56mm justice. I hope some of you are smart enough to figure that out...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol thats funny, and i just realized im extremely disappointed in the corner you cut. you left the ecu harness there =( should of hid that

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
I'll get that moved when I get the money to order a tuck harness... I just don't have $600 laying around for one, but I did get my fender washers in today...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to sweep that b***h. But they look nice.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the ecu harness all you have to do is use a circular saw thing that goes on a drill and put a hole in the firewall. i then seal my stuff up with silicon

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member
The gold on black theme you got going with the wheels and the engine bay looks amazing. Those seats look good as well as the steering wheel, very nice job. The only thing I question is why do you have 5 gauges?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll get that moved when I get the money to order a tuck harness... I just don't have $600 laying around for one, but I did get my fender washers in today...
Yea I am at the same point, but I really think it will be worth it when done!d

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the ecu harness all you have to do is use a circular saw thing that goes on a drill and put a hole in the firewall. i then seal my stuff up with silicon
lol okay not such good advice IMO

Pull up to a car show, pop the hood, sick engine, then BAM a big ass hold in the clean firewall with Silicon around it... FAIL LOL

Do it right and get either the Mil Spec quick firewall connect

OR go to the factory hole and use a factory rubber boot and keep it clean =)

Just my 2 cents lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know people who have done it to show cars? you dont just pop it right in the middle of firewall where everyone can see it. Its actually really simple and the only way you will see it is if the motor isnt in, and actually i believe this is how most people do it that do a tuck themselves. If your going to tuck, you gotta make a hole somewhere. Ill have to post pics of it at somepoint

And on the silicon, i do just a bit to fill in any gaps like behind the fenders, and i definately wouldnt use it anywhere in plain view

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is a MUCH better idea....

This way it does not 'clog' the wires and look like ass... Not bashin ya =) just saying using the stock rubber is MUCH better... And it looks wayyyy better... Sure int he fenders you could do that but rubber boots are made for a reason ;)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah. that would definately be first choice if possible, but the stock ecu harness boot doesnt look round which makes it a bit harder.

OP how many cans of paint it take you to do your bay about?

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
Im not going to half ass my car, when I can afford it I will buy a tuck harness, I do it right or not at all, Ive been working on this car for 3 years, Could you imagine how much money I would have in it if I half assed everything and then went back and done it the right way...Plus when you half ass stuff, things go wrong, what happens if your on a long road trip, and one of those wires grounds out and fries an ecu?? or even worse, catch the car on fire... I think it should be done right and worry free, thats just my $.02